“Nice dinner”

The Waterfront Fishouse Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 96 Restaurants in Oban
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Set in idyllic Oban on the North West coast of Scotland, Waterfront Restaurant offers sumptuously fresh fish and seafood in a cutesy boathouse-style setting. Whilst enjoying stunning views over Oban Bay, guests can sample fine local catches, delicious fish classics and an impressive world wine list.
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Nice view with nice choice of seafood. Two-course lunch/early dinner special is a bargain topped off with a local ale.

There are newer reviews for The Waterfront Fishouse Restaurant

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The food here is good. However It feels a bit like a J D Wetherspoons pub inside which is fine inside a Wetherspoons but wasn't what I expected in a fresh seafood restaurant. The lighting does nothing for the atmosphere and the staff are not at all friendly. I can't say it's bad, it's just average.

2  Thank Fred P
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We visited this restaurant on Sunday 21st October, 2012 as part of a Groupon deal which included a 2 night stay at The Ranald Hotel.

The deal included a 2 course meal and a drink at this restaurant and we were delighted with every aspect of our meal here.

There was a more than reasonable choice of options available from the menu as well as some daily specials and the food was nicely cooked and well presented. I asked if my main of langoustines could be served shelled and they were happy to oblige.

As this was our 34th Anniversary we treated ourselves to a nice bottle of Vioignier to accompany the meal and this was priced quite reasonably.

The service was welcoming, friendly and efficient and we'd certainly visit this restaurant again should we ever be in the Oban area again.

1  Thank prefdavid
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Turned up during a peak period without a booking and it was looking like we were going to miss out. The staff said maybe we might get lucky in 15 minutes so I reserved a table then and there for 15 minutes time and headed to the bar downstairs for an aperitif. A G&T later and we got lucky. A table was free and not only that it commanded a view over the bay AND McCaig’s Folly. Absolutely stunning. I could have sat there for hours without any food but my stomach intervened and I lifted the menu.

Oban is described as the seafood capital of Scotland, this restaurant cements its position on the map. Incredible seafood, definitely on par if not above places in the Med. We had a few oysters to start and then I chose the FISHOUSE FINEST for mains (scallops, turbot & hake aka. a little bit of everything). Tasted delicious, absolutely fantastic. Well-orchestrated, well cooked, well presented.

I would visit Oban again just for this restaurant.

1  Thank Butcher89
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This place was really great. The atmosphere was casual but very nice, the view of the bay was pretty good, and the food and value was great.

We went rather early and ordered from the set menu... it was quite hard to choose as all of the options looked quite great. I ended up getting the mussels and a local baked seafood dish that I can't remember the name of. My girlfriend ordered crab chowder and a seafood pasta.

Both of my dishes were quite good, and my girlfriend really enjoyed her pasta (although it was a bit overcooked and, in my opinion, could have used with a healthy dose of cayenne). The wine list was small but fairly priced, and our Sauvignon Blanc was good if unremarkable.

The best part was that the meal only came to about 30 pounds with the tip... a great meal for the cost!

1  Thank HamCol1812