Stayed for one night with my parents and boyfriend. As it was my parent's first time in a Scottish B&B I did quite a bit of research before booking. The reviews led to high expectation - which were all met. Proprietor Morven simply could not have been nicer! Cheerful, accommodating and all-around lovely she immediately made us feel welcome.
We had the two rooms at the top with lovely views across the bay and towards the Isle of Mull. The bathrooms were rather small but spotless. Each room had two armchairs and a little table/desk.
Breakfast was superb, with the usual full Monty as well as lighter options like scrambled eggs and salmon.
All in all a great place, the only quibble I have is that it took a long time for the heating to come on in the rooms in the afternoon. So even though we used the electric heaters provided in each room, it was quite chilly before we went out for dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hawthornbank Guest House is a delightful Victorian villa built in 1873. It is pleasantly situated in a slightly elevated position, close to Oban town centre yet in a quiet residential setting. There is off street parking and a footpath leads from the front garden towards the town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hawthornbank Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthornbank Guest House Hotel Oban
- Hawthornbank Guest House Oban, Scotland