“Friendly staff and comfortable seats”

Oban Phoenix Cinema
Ranked #1 of 4 Fun & Games in Oban
More attraction details
Owner description: Oban Phoenix Cinema is a community owned cinema which reopened in 2012 after a community campaign to save our cinema. The venue has been upgraded to provide a cinema which you will all want to visit again and again.
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We went for a time filler in our holiday while the weather wasn't great. We were greeted by friendly staff and were showen to ours seats by a volunteer. The screen is smaller than the commercial cinemas, but the seats here are far more comfortable.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

A community run project, the cinema is reasonably priced, clean and has immensely comfy seats! You get allocated seats, so arrive early if you're a big group.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Well done to the volunteers and staff of this Cinema it was a fantastic addition to this years stay in Oban ,,,keep up the good work and hope that the locals support it all the way to enable us to come back next year.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Its a lovely cinema with very friendly staff. I got VIP seats at the back that where so spacious and comfy. The surround sound is very loud but soon got used to it. Good overall price for an enjoyable night

Reviewed July 8, 2013

What a fantastic, humble cinema with very reasonable ticket prices, friendly staff (most of whom I found are volunteers!) and a cute snack bar with all the essentials. I only wish that public transport in Oban wasn't so useless as my partner and I can never go see 8:30pm showings as it will mean missing the last bus home. Make sure if it's the evening and you are taking the bus, check when the last bus back to your destination is.
As for the cinema, it is very comfortable and for a community-run complex I was impressed at how large the screen was. I was expecting it to be tiny but it's not! They also show a selection of the latest blockbusters as well as old favourites. Definitely visit here and support this place!