All reviews baked eggs no lift metro hotel compact room grand room small kitchen small hotel great wee hotel third floor ferry terminal central location haggis salmon stayed for one night street parking comfortable bed fresh fruit
Selected filters
Reviewed November 15, 2016

We spent two nights here and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. We were placed in one of their two ground floor rooms, which is adapted for disabled visitors. This in no way impinged on our stay save that the bathroom mirror is quite low. The wet room shower was as good as any shower that we have found before. Breakfast was varied and good, although I did miss a traditional cooked breakfast. All in all, a very nice stay and we will stay here again the next time we are in Oban.

Room tip: There is no lift, so ask for a lower room if this is a problem.
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Nicole C, Manager at The Ranald Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2016

Thank you for your review of The Ranald Hotel. We appreciate all feedback from guests as it helps us to improve day by day.

I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass these comments on to our team!

Reviewed November 11, 2016

Amazing Hotel same room as last time so was lovely to have memories from our honey moon. Staff were accomidating pleasent and helpfull. Advised me on what i could eat as im pregnant and they were just as nice as last year . We will keep coming here every year for our anniversary . My husband had the baked eggs for breakfast and said there the best eggs ever i had pancakes and must say they were lovely and enjoyed them alot . Thank you again for the lovely stay will be sad to leave tomorrow :(

Room tip: it is on deals
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Nicole C, Manager at The Ranald Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2016

Thank you for your review of The Ranald Hotel.

I'm so pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate all feedback from our guests. I will be sure to pass these wonderful comments onto our team!

We look forward to welcoming you back with us next year!

Thanks again.

Reviewed November 4, 2016

Me & my partner stayed @ The Ranald 28th & 29th Oct for a weekend break in Oban.
The hotel is very central. Walking distance from the bus, train & ferries. I didn't have a car so I'm not sure about parking but there didn't look to be very much.
We had a lovely stay, Staff were friendly, rooms were clean & comfy & a nice breakfast.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Nicole C, Manager at The Ranald Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2016

Reviewed November 4, 2016 via mobile

Stayed there for two nights , had a very comfortable room which was spotlessly clean . Breakfast in the morning was excellent , the fresh fruit salad was superb and the baked eggs were very tasty . The staff were very friendly and helpful , they carried our cases up the stair as there is no lift but there are bedrooms on the ground floor so if you cannot manage the stairs ask for a ground floor room .

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Reviewed October 30, 2016 via mobile

Nice small hotel. Staff very friendly. The hotel although small it's very clean and modern and comforts.It is situated in the center near bus and train station but in a quiet side location. Breakfast was a pleasant surprise although continental it had a choice of hot food and cold meats,fresh fruit salads etc. excellent. Defiantly go back.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Nicole C, Manager at The Ranald Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2016