Rowantree Hotel
$168
Corran House(Oban)(Great Value!)
$67
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewssteakhouse restaurantno liftmain roadrooms are cleanwould stay againbooked this hoteltown centrecomfortable bednice breakfastone night staythe ground floorferry terminalreardistillerystopoverharbourwee
Reviewed January 12, 2011

location 1st class
staff 1st class
food 1st class
rooms 1st class
value for money 1st class
free parking
yes we would book again and again
great for day trips or wknds or holidays
bill peter
aberdeen

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Stayed for three nights on a visit to a conference. The most comfortable sleep I have had in a hotel bed in a long time. Very pleasant staff in a very pleasant hotel. Would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Just back from a two day stay in the Rowantree Hotel.
The location of this hotel is good ; easy walking distance to shops, restaurants, bars, harbour and esplanade.
Our room was fine ; clean and obviously fairly recently refurbished.
The shower was very good but more hand rails or a non slip mat would make getting in and out of the shower safer.
The big negative was the breakfast which I have to say is the worst breakfast I have ever had in any hotel or guest house!
Things got off to a bad start when I saw the breakfast room ; very poorly set up tables placed too close together.
Breakfast consisted of poor quality fruit juice, tinned fruit, bargain basement quality cereal, stewed tea or bitter coffee.
The food on the hot plates had obviously been prepared earlier and was no more than lukewarm.
There has obviously been money spent on the Rowantree Hotel recently and I urge the management to make a review of their breakfast experience their next project !

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ross58Scotland
Reviewed August 25, 2010

By far the best hotel my partner and I have visited for a romantic get-away! I have been privileged enough to have been able to stay in hotels such as the Library (NY) and the Soho (London), and would have to say my preference would be the Rowantree. The others may offer more luxuries, but this quaint hotel offers so much more that they simply cannot. An ideal quiet break, far from the busy city life, this hotel and surrounding areas are as romantic as you will be able to get. We stayed for only a week, but will hopefully return soon for a fortnight as there is so much on offer. The new superior rooms were immaculate, very modern, cosy and the beds very comfortable. There is also a steakhouse restaurant joined to the hotel, which is second to none. The food and drink were amazing, and very reasonably priced. The staff were the kindest, friendliest and I would have to say happiest I have embarked upon within the hotel industry. Between them and the wonderful owners, they went the extra mile to ensure our stay was thoroughly enjoyable. The hotel is ideally located, within walking distance of the ferry terminal, which is handy for a trip to the Isle of Mull which has many castles and breathtaking views, and we also travelled to Fort William for a day and were able to take in part of Ben Nevis (the highest mountain in the UK!) which was awesome. While staying at the hotel, we engaged in conversations with some of the other guests, a few of whom were businessmen/women, who informed me they have used this hotel regularly throughout the year. I think I will definitely be doing the same any time I have to spend time in the nearby area. The only downside to our stay was unfortunately the Scottish weather, but that was a minor detail from our beautiful week. I would recommend this hotel and vacation to everyone. :-)

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2010

i stayed at this great hotel for 1 week and was made to feel very welcome by all the staff.the food was superb and the rooms were immaculate 10 out of 10.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business