Jeremy Inglis Hostel
$208
$98
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
Muthu Alexandra Hotel(Oban)(Great Value!)
$98
Official Site
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed here for one night on our end to end cycling tour as we we'd arrived late from the ferry from Lochboisedale to find the youth hostel was full and it was a bit torrentially wet for camping. The owners seemed nice but the decor is certainly tired and neither of us really fancied a shower here as bathroom is tired too. The thing that got me was the bedding - all I really want from a place is clean plain sheets so I can see that they're clean but they bedding here was like someone's old patterned duvet which looked rather on the ancient side. The whole place has a bit of a weird smell and whilst the kitchen area is big and nice in a quirky way, it was a bit challenging for me when all I wanted was a clean bed for the night and somewhere to make breakfast. I wouldn't stay here again, it's just not for me - I prefer youth hosteling.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
jeremyinglis, Owner at Jeremy Inglis Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Copperkettle 88's comments are somewhat confusing as he says that "the kitchen area is big and nice in a quirky way", but in the same sentence he says that there is nowhere to make breakfast, which is untrue, as we have a (as he put it) "big and nice" and well equipped kitchen.
We are not a spanking modern hostel and to some we may appear somewhat old fashioned. Not all of our duvet covers have new, modern patterns but certainly all are washed and clean. He complains that the linen and decor are "tired". However, fortunately many guests enjoy the colourful patterns and designs we use and find them cheerful and homey - as you can see from the reviews.

The reviewer says "all I wanted was a clean bed for the night and somewhere to make breakfast" - which is exactly what we offer and is certainly what he got.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed at Jeremy Inglis Hostel for a week and it was an amazing experience.The decoration of the kitchen is wonderful with photos taken by Jeremy from Ecuador and Peru,you will find beautiful flowers in the kitchen and also in the hall.The hosts and staff are very friendly and when you go for breakfast or dinner in the kitchen,you will meet Michael,a German gentleman who sings and plays very well the guitar and entertains the guests in the kitchen.Room is very clean and so is the kitchen.Breakfast is lovely,especially the jams which are home made.Fell free to choose Jeremy Inglis Hostel whenever you come to Oban! Andy from Romania

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Andy G
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed 2 nights with my boyfriend, in a double room. The decoration of the hostel is a bit weird. The bedroom was not very large, but clean and equipped with a sink. Unfortunately, the mattress wasn't very comfortable. Breakfast was ok. The hostel is very well located, near the center of Oban (consequently, not very easy to reach with a car), and the price is very reasonable.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Three of us shared a family room the night before we caught the ferry to Coll, the hostel in perfectly situated. Such good value - only £14.00 per person. The decor is very tired but really it didn't matter - the beds were comfortable, everything was spotlessly clean and the shared shower very close and hot. Included is toast and cereal for breakfast including home made jam by Jeremy. We met lots of other interesting travellers and the hostel is very welcoming with lots of interesting art on the walls. I would recommend this hostel to all travellers.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Only £17 each for a double room with shared bathroom. Yes, it's quirky, but it is homely and welcoming, ideally situated for the ferry or the station, and close to any number of pubs and restaurants. It isn't five star, but what do you expect for £17 each? It's clean and comfortable, and we will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple