“BIG IMPROVEMENT”
Review of Regent Hotel

Regent Hotel
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Oban
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Two years back visited this hotel .Was definately 20th century but now it has moved into the 21st. Still a long way to go but the food, the staff,the decorated rooms ,the position and the price makes up for any other little problems which there are a few.Must give credit to the chef.The food was very good but his presentation just said it all....brilliant... more 4 *. Thank you.I've had more to complain about in a 3/4star hotel.I would certainly recommend this hotel but not to the people who go to 3 star hotels and expect 5*treatment.Lets hope the new owners continue to spent the money on renovations.We will be back.

Room Tip: Not sure if all rooms have been redecorated .
2  Thank goaway48
Tommy S, Manager at Regent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip advisor.
We very much appreciate your lovely comments regarding the staff and the high standard of food and presentation , I will pass these comments on to the team at our next meeting .
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Regent Hotel, Oban in the future.
Regent Hotel management and on behalf of the team at the Regent Hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,060)

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Me and my wife are just back from a weekend stay at the Regent hotel which we enjoyed for a Number of reasons, the location is very good, right on the harbour and across the street from the car park, and a short stroll right into the centre for shops and bars, the staff were very welcoming and nothing seemed any trouble to them, we booked breakfast and evening meal and for what we paid really were,nt expecting a lot but the scottish breakfast was very good and served to your table and the evening meals we had were excellent, first night we paid a £18 supplement for scallops on black pudding and a proper fillet steak for myself, both were superbly cooked and presented , the next night we had the normal menu and we had chicken pate, lamb & new potatoes finished off with poached pears in a red sauce and coffee, really enjoyed the food there, sure the room decoration was a little tired in places but there was a big bathroom with a powerful shower and really comfy beds, the view from our room was priceless, we watched sunsets, ferries coming and going , little fishing boats, we hardly had the curtains shut, loved it,it has a bar and had a guy playing a accordian on the saturday night which fine, we could see refurbisment work under way so it will only get better, when we come back to oban we will definately stay at the Regent

Room Tip: ask for a sea view, its wonderful
2  Thank stevemac134

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review on the Trip advisor.
It is always good to read positive points regarding the Hotel and its great to know that our Kitchen teams hard work is paying off with the food reviews we are now receiving.
We pride ourselves on the team we have at the Regent and your comments regarding how friendly and welcoming our team is, is great to hear.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Regent hotel in the not to distant future.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel and I recommend it highly! I stayed for 4 nights in September 2013 with a coach tour. Do ask for a room overlooking the bay. The views are breathtaking! My room on the first floor was nice and cozy with big windows, even the bathroom had this fantastic view of the harbour and across to the isles. I could have spend hours just watching the boats go by.. The hotel is perfectly located and everything is in easy walking distance. The staff from reception to restaurant are really nice, always friendly and helpful and made my stay a real pleasure. The food is delicious, I'm vegetarian and there was lots of choice, even on the tour menu! And the room rates are just great and there is even an elevator. I stay in hotels a lot and this one is definitively one of my favourites, can't wait to go back :-)

Room Tip: the rooms facing the sea in the second and third floor have beautiful big windows and unobstructed v...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Regine S

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments on the Regent Hotel.
It is always great to receive positive reviews on the Hotel, however you review brought a lot of smiles at our last team meeting.
I am glad you enjoyed the wonderful views from the Hotel and that you found the vegetarian options to be delicious and that the entire team added to your enjoyment of your stay.
Thank you again , we look forward to your return visit .

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Having recently stayed in two other Bespoke hotels I was very dubious when I realised that the Regent was in the same group. This was in fact the best of the three. Our room had magnificent views over the bay. The beds very comfortable and clean. Unfortunately the wardrobe door was broken and the telephone in our room did not work. There was also quite a lot of dust! Breakfast and dinner were fine and the staff very helpful. There is not enough seating in the lounge for after or pre dinner drinks, which is a shame. I would like to see the hotel when refurbishment is finished. There is so much potential there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on trip advisor
I was glad to read that we at the Regent restored your faith in our brand and I would like to apologise on behalf of our sister hotels if you were not completely satisfied with the service you received .
We look forward to you making a return visit and I am sure as you mentioned you will notice a major improvement in the Regent Hotel.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Went on a bus tour with my elderly aunt last week and was not expecting a great deal because of how much we paid. I was very pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It is in need of some upgrade but it was obvious that this is being done gradually. My room was small but clean and cosy with a large bathroom with a bath and a decent shower. The views were overlooking the bay and were beautiful, especially when a double rainbow appeared one morning. The staff were very friendly and efficient and would do anything to help. I asked for an ice bucket and was delivered a beautiful one on a stand with lovely glasses. Thanks to Anna for that! It made my little surprise even more special. I love to cook and appreciated the choice, quality and presentation of the food. I did find the bar/lounge a bit brightly lit and small for the number of guests but this did not detract from my enjoyment of my stay. I would not hesitate to return the this fine old hotel but would definitely want a room with a view!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bessum
Tommy S, General Manager at Regent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

thank you for your review of our hotel,

your review has been recieved with gratitude by all the staff as they know all there hard work is worth it. we are very lucky to situated in such a lovely area of oban and are view are one of the best in town. so when you come back in the near future, you will be happy to see we have carried on with are refurbishment as our lounge/reception has had all new funiture arrive this week. which brings a bit of modern life into the hotel while keeping to are art/deco theme.

so thank you again from all are management team as well as all are staff at the regent hotel.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights in september 2013, having read some reviews about the age of the hotel I would have to agree that it is a little dated however our stay was perfect. Our double room was warm and spacious (particularly large spacious bath/shower room). View across the bay of oban was incredible and bed was really comfortable. Breakfast in morning (included in price of room) was lovely, both the cooked and continental breakfast (we particularly loved the haggis which we were wondering if it had been sourced locally?) For a good compromise between price and location I think we got an amazing deal with this hotel. We had a lovely weekend away for my 25th birthday and cannot wait to come back.

2  Thank Wendy D

thank you for a lovely review of our hotel,
i want to take the time to agree with all of your review yes the view from are hotel is one of a kind. the bed which you like are new due to are refurbishment which has been taken place over the summer so it has not happened as quickly as planned but it is still being done. we welcomed the arrival of all our new lounge furnature this week which make a big differance as well.

thank you again for posting such a nice review of our hotel.

from all management and staff at the hotel.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Yet again went here for another overnight stay staff as friendly as ever,room was clean and tidy.cost of this night for two b,and ,b. Was £60 good value,,only thing was water was tepid in the morning,possibly due to bus load of spaniards levying early.also breakfast was not to hot either,nothing worse luke warm breakfast,but waitress was very nice.

1  Thank Montgomery S

yes we do try and make the hotel value for money. i can only say sorry about the water issue. as you said we did have a coach leaving early and it takes time for tanks to fill back up and heat to correct tempreture. regarding your breakfast i hope you asked for a hotter breakfast. and if you brought it to my attention i would of rectafied this problem straight away.

thank you for taking your time to review the hotel and look forward to seeing you in the near future.

from all management and staff at the regent hotel.