1,183 results
All reviewssea viewnorth pierpublic car parkbreakfast was buffet styleexcellent locationthird floorsitting areaoban distillerycentral locationbit datedlarge roomtop floorlovely viewdining roomisle of mullstayed here for one nightlovely room
Reviewed January 13, 2010

from moment we entered the hotel the staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful, somthing other hotels in oban should learn from! - room beautiful and spotless clean - very spacious and comfortable - and food was delicious too

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2010

We have stayed in the columba hotel a few times before and cant fault the hotel.We got a refurbished room which was huge with great views over to mull and morvern.Breakfast was lovely and as we only paid £71 each for B&B over hogmanay and new year we got a great deal.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2009

Arrived for a one night stay with friends. I booked through a third party website, and requested the new rooms with seaview and for them to be together, and we got all. Lovely spacious rooms, on the same floor just a few feet apart.

Modern and clean, and the best shower I have had in a long time, fantastic pressure. Good quality linen and soft furnishings and a flat screen TV along with beautiful views over the harbour and main street.

We were greated warmly by the receptionist Sarah. Who then told us where to go to eat (the lovely Cuan Mor) and booked a table for us and which pub to go to for drinks (the very busy Lorn) we couldnt have asked for more. A star employee !! give that girl a raise.

The breakfast was served in pleasant surroundings and was a standard buffet and perfectly respectable, with a room for two at £65 fo B&B I would not expect more. I have seen other reviews saying the common areas were bad but apart from being a but dated they were fine, I would say the rooms are the priority and you should not be put of by this. The rooms coridoors were pleasant and large on our floor 1.

All in all a great night and I will definately stay again next time I visit Oban

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 4, 2009

it was good, the rooms were spacious and modern and the rooms had beautiful views of oban and the bay

Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2009

We stayed here for one night and after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor requested one of the hotels refurbished rooms. I have to say we couldn't fault it, flat screen telly, nice bathroom and sea views. I do think though that if we hadn't been lucky enough to get a newer room it could have been pretty grim given that the rest of the hotel is look pretty shabby and down on it's luck. The hotel itself is in administration o understandable that no money is being spent on it at the moment.

Breakfast was rubbish, cheap, nasty with mould on the bread for toasting. Really not worth getting out of bed for. The hotel lift is a relic and we were too apprehensive to use it as it didn't look too safe or reliable so I would only recommend this hotel to older or infirm people if they have a room on the 1st floor, we were on the 3rd floor and it was quite a trek.......worth it though for our room.

On a positive though the hotel is in a brilliant location....... right in the centre of town and the woman on reception was lovely and friendly. We got this room for a great deal but wouldn't want to pay any more than what we did.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple