1,201 results
All reviews sea view north pier public car park breakfast was buffet style excellent location third floor sitting area oban distillery central location bit dated large room top floor lovely view dining room isle of mull stayed here for one night lovely room
Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

booked very late 10pm only had family room left cost £122 for night. Arrived about 11.30 and entered. the night porter was trying to sort us out, but, the owner I think, had something more important to deal with, poor night porter was embarrassed. Owner? just glared at us.

Went up to 3rd floor room in ancient lift with carpet on the walls, yes, really. Got to the room and one double bedroom and another bedroom with twin beds together. was clean, boring and decent enough, bed uncomfy and fan from below somewhere went all night.

Now morning arrives, stunning view from room looking over harbour. Went down for breakfast, husband went in to dining room and I went out to the car for something, when i came back hubby had tea and had helped himself to breakfast. I am still waiting for soneone to ask if I wanted tea!

Breakfast was so disappointing, it was buffet style. Could hardly use the tongs as they were so hot, unfortunately that was the hottest part of the meal - lukewarm at best, pretty cold. I felt the bacon was undercooked. The plates you use aren't properly dried so I got really soggy toast. Maybe that was to replace the missing tea. Fortunately whoever had sat at our table the day before definitely got their tea, I know as the tablecloth was stained.

Needs to improve, won'tbe back to find out though!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
darrell w, General Manager at Columba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2017

Please accept my sincere apologies for any difficulties that you experienced at the hotel

Thanks

Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

We were on vacation from Australia and stayed two nights.
Very expensive for what we got.
Moody and sullen receptionist who didn't want to know! It all seemed too hard for her.
No hot water for 2 night... staff knew about the problem but did nothing to rectify the situation. We were offered a reimbursement, but despite several emails and phone calls this has not happened!
Huge disappointment.....

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple

Thanks

Reviewed September 21, 2017

A really pleasant stay. Staff friendly and helpful, room and bed clean and comfortable, excellent breakfast. This was just an overnight stopover on the way from the Isle of Mull Ferry and travelling to Dublin via bus to Glasgow then on to Glasgow airport. This hotel offered all we needed and wanted. There is a restaurant called Bar Rio on ground floor which was, we felt somewhat lacking in atmosphere although food was quite ok. However there are lots of other restaurants including fish and chips close by.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you had such a good stay
I do hope that you can come and stay again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

Just returned from Oban, hotel was good, staff helpful, especially dining room staff.
All in all I'd recommend it. Excellent location. Having read other reviews I wonder if they stayed in the same hotel, OK so it wasn't the Ritz!!!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple

I will pass on your comments to the rest of the team at the hotel

Kind regards

Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the columba hotel for one night reception staff seem a bit glum not many free parking areas for the hotel, rooms look a bit tired breakfast was ok but plenty of it wouldn't stay there again still waiting for receipt for room after paying cash said they would send by email ?

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
darrell w, General Manager at Columba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us

I have taken your comments on board and action will be taken
please send your Emil over to us

Kind Regards