Columba Hotel
$145
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,129 results
All reviewssea viewnorth pierpublic car parkbreakfast was buffet stylethird floorexcellent locationoban distillerysitting areacentral locationbit datedtop floorlarge roomfamily roomlovely viewdining roomferry terminalisle of mull
Reviewed December 3, 2012

A party of ten of us stayed for two nights and what can i say it was FABULAS the staff were amazing i could'nt rate them any higher they could'nt do enough for us. Two in the group needed a little help and the staff did everything possible to assist. The food, service, rooms, everthing was to the highest standard. This is the first review i have ever written and felt i had to to show my appreciation and gratitude to the Staff of the Columba Hotel. Thankyou for making our stay such a great memorable one. Stayed 16th & 17 Nov 2012

Evelyn Spence
Coarbridge

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Great location, super helpful staff, lovely food, lovely newly refurbished rooms. Very minor complaints; lack of baby changing facilities, a tricky old fashioned lift for getting pram up and down and very few parking spaces. Excellent value for money though, would highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed in the Columba Hotel for one night on November 5th of '12. I've stayed at this grand old hotel many times since the first time in 1982. I love the location, near the water, and the old architecture of the building. The Columba is also very near the centre of Oban, near the shops and restaurants.

I was impressed by the changes management has made inside. My room had a very comfortable bed and there was a large flat screen (42") television mounted on the wall. My view captured great views of the docking of the Cal Mac ferry, arriving or departing the Western Isles. There were also changes made to the bathroom. Overall, I was impressed and enjoyed my short stay at the Columba. I'll definitely return to this great old hotel when I return to my beloved Scotland.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a water view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Went here a few weeks ago nice hotel bar situated town centre near pier ,5 or so minutes from main ferry pier for ,mull etc.a very nice evening meal for Wendy steak n ale pie which she really enjoyed I only had a starte which at £5 I thought would be sufficient ,3 prawns in batter and a bit of salad.went again Tuesday evening meal again Wendy steak pie,not up to last standard ,I had haddock and chips ,and that's what I got plenty chips small piece of fish well done,value for money no,could have got same out of a chippy and pos.better £15 for two,might have even had peas or bit of salad.the bar staff are friendly and nice to talk to,the lager and beers are fine,clean and tidy but not busy,as most bars at this time of year are,will go back in but for a drink only pass with the evening meal.as I said place was empty so chef was not under pressure.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My daughter and I had an amazing deal and were so delighted with the hotel, its central position, dinner and our room. It was a 3 hour drive but well worth it. The evening meal was lovely with enough choice to satisfy both our tastes. Our room had been decorated to a high standard and hopefully the stairways and public toilets will follow soon. There was one draw back with the number of parking spaces for residents. We found the locals friendly and Oban had a good choice of places to eat including a top fish/seafood restaurant. Two large glasses of wine in the local bars ranged from £3.20 - £4.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family