“great hotel”
Review of Columba Hotel

Columba Hotel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Oban
Reviewed October 17, 2012

stayed at the columba ,beautiful hotel,room was very modern and spotless with very large comfortable bed and great sea views,so relaxing.buffet breakfast was lovely,plenty of choice for everyone,from fresh juices,cereals,full scottish to fresh croissants and pastries,evening meal was very good with a great choice of menu,great location and superb staff,thanks for a lovely stay.

only fault:please get a new lift installed

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Laura C, General Manager at Columba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your comments about your recent stay at The Columba Hotel Oban. I greatly appreciate you having taken the time to share your thoughts. I have taken the opportunity to relay the feedback to the team. Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope we can welcome you back to the Columba Hotel once again.

Ps Re lift if I could change it I would most definitely would. Pleased you enjoyed your stay all the same.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I booked this hotel on classic britain at a bargain 2 nights for the price of 1 dbb.

First impressions of the hotel just what i like not modern, very scottish and even the lift quirky cant fit no more than 2 people in it, and as for the carpets on the wall is a must see lol

My room was incredible never seen such a big bed before and loads of room, book the top floor with the turret and you wont be disappointed

Now here we go with the lows

The first day we arrived the receptionist very helpful, but on the last day the women with blond hair and glasses should not be working in there. She didnt ask if we enjoyed our stay or any feed back, and when we went to our car she had blocked us in. Apart from not saying sorry we felt as though she blocked us in so we wouldnt escape without paying. If the Columba hotel can read this now that receptionist is a poor let down to your business

As for the rest of the staff very friendly, but i must admit do not get the apple pie n custard the only disappointment with the hotel food, needs to be warm to enjoy

Overall a must stay as long as you dont experience the horrid receptionist

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your comments about your recent stay at The Columba Hotel Oban. I greatly appreciate you having taken the time to share your thoughts. I have taken the opportunity to discuss your comments with the relevant member of staff as described by you in your feedback and I don’t think that the intentions where to block you in so “you wouldn’t escape” as credit card details had secured your booking so your payment would not have been an issue. The member of staff has asked that I relay her apologies for any uncomfortable feeling you may have experienced. I am however pleased that you did enjoy some of our facilities. I will however offer my personal apologies on behalf of the Columba Hotel. Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope we can welcome you back to the Columba Hotel once again.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I purchased a groupon deal for this hotel which was great value for money, the hotel is in the centre of Oban and we had excellent sea views over the bay from our room. The room was lovely and modern and clean. The staff were very friendly and always offered us assistance in everything even picked up our car for us front the garage whilst getting a puncture repaired. The food was very good and a large display breakfast what a start in the morning. I visited Oban for the first time and it was a lovely and friendly place and I will definitely return in the future and stay at The Columba again thank for making our stay so nice.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Gott a great deal at this hotel and was amazing value for money. Rooms ere excellent and ours appeared tobhave been upgraded recently. Could have paid extra for a sea view but ourvtown view was great. Food was acceptable but so many options around oban you do not need to stay here. Service was excellent. Room cleaner threw away a pair of my trainers by mistake but the hotel sorted the problem very quickly. Absolutely no complaints with this place and would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your comments about your recent stay at The Columba Hotel Oban. I greatly appreciate you having taken the time to share your thoughts. I would like to add a personal apology regarding the incident with the trainers but I do believe the staff on site did resolve it for you swiftly as it was a genuine mistake. Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope we can welcome you back to the Columba Hotel once again.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Just stayed the night in mid September. The manager Matthew was awesome helping out with a few problems. He helped us correct our booking and we stayed in a great room with terrific views.

Stayed with my wife, son and sister. Curiously we slept extremely well. Beds were better tahn some top hotels.

Like most of OBAN its an old building in an historic seaside town - only a problem if your fussy.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Oban is the ideal place to stay to visit the beautiful and romantic western coast of Scotland. Unfortunately I can't recommend the Columba Hotel. It is clean and comfortable but it is old and desperately needs to be refurbished. The staff seems to be overworked and tired and so they aren't very agreeable. It is too bad that this hotel is so dreary because it has a perfect location right on the harbor.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ttcat
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Just stayed weekend at columba with my mother and 12 yr old son ,Reception staff helpful waiter/bar man (stuart) very helpful and pleasant. Breakfast and dinner really good food well prepared and well served public areas clean and tidy but can look dated and worn BUT we had a family room(rm109) and althought bright clean and well presented for some reason was ABOVE THE PUBLIC BAR resulting in my son not sleeping until after 1am and my mother complainig till around the same time. It was a silly decision and silly place for a family room and stopped this rating from being a excellent rather than v.g. on the whole good value for money but wouldnt stay with family again unless rooms not above bar

Room Tip: dont take rooms above public bar unless you have earplugs!!!!!