$200
  • Bar/Lounge
$117
$113
1,159 results
All reviewssea viewnorth pierpublic car parkbreakfast was buffet styleexcellent locationthird floorsitting areaoban distillerycentral locationbit datedtop floorlovely viewdining roomisle of mullstayed here for one nightsea frontlovely room
Reviewed May 24, 2012

The views from our room were wonderful and the sun shone throughout our stay. The hotel is slightly tired round the edges but the rooms and comfortable and clean and JeanMarie on Reception went out of her way to be helpful. We had a little turreted sitting area in our room which was a bonus. The lift is a strange contraption! Breakfast was disappointing - the food on the uncovered buffet had obviously been there for a while and the eggs were solid. I had toast which seemed a good option. The Harbour bar is pleasant and it was generally a good central choice of hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your positive comments about your recent stay at The Columba Hotel Oban. I greatly appreciate you having taken the time to share your thoughts. I have taken the opportunity to relay the feedback to the kitchen team to improve the constant flow of freshly prepared breakfast items based on the volume of our clients arriving for breakfast. Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope we can welcome you back to the Columba Hotel once again.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

First impressions were poor, the receptionist seemed hostile, but soon realised that was simly her way, as she made a point of calling out each time I went past and checking all was okay. Room was perfectly okay with good range of soaps etc. For this price you might expect a bit of ropeyness, the only thing was the portable electric heater was a bit rusty, everything else fine, and I loved the dated deep maroon bathroom suite! Breakast was that buffet style you get in a big hotel, so not anything like home-cooked b & b - you can't expect it. Coffee good though, and great view of the bay. Cupboard door fell off en route to the bacon - but at least it was a talking point. Great end to an 11 day trip round the coast.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank hwylasbri
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Many thanks for your positive comments about your recent stay at The Columba Hotel Oban. I greatly appreciate you having taken the time to share your thoughts. I have taken the opportunity to relay the feedback to the team. Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope we can welcome you back to the Columba Hotel once again. PS the public area renovation work that was scheduled is now complete including the new flooring and carpets and we think it looks great.

Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in Oban over the weekend and The Columba was the best choice for hotel. The rooms are just lovely nice and spacious we had great views over the bay. It seems like the public areas are being rennovated so cant really judge this area. The staff are all very friendly and nothing was a hassle I would recomend staying at The Columba.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank gordoncamp

Reviewed April 26, 2012

My family stayed in room 101. Our room had an awesome side view of the harbor. The kids had a hide-a-bed that was in it's own separate area of the large room. It's an old hotel with high ceilings that has been nicely renovated.

The bathroom was great. The bed wasn't amazing, but it was adequate and I was very tired from lots of hiking in the lovely Highlands.

Breakfast was really good too.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Reviewed April 24, 2012

My wife and I spent 4 nights at the Columba hotel in Oban in March 2012. Both the room and the food were excellent with the room having a view out to sea. The only problem is the car park only 10 pl;aces for almost 50 rooms on a first come first come bases. When full you have to pay to park. But that seems to be a problem with some other hotels in Oban. We were lucky in that we were always able to get a free parking place during out 4 night stay. I would use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the sea are best
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GGHD
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Many thanks for your positive comments about your recent stay at The Columba Hotel Oban. I greatly appreciate you having taken the time to share your thoughts. I am pleased that you were able to get parking for the full duration of your stay and as you so rightly said this is a problem not monopolized by the Columba Hotel as we are aware that other Hotels do charge for parking in their own Hotel spaces. Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope we can welcome you back to the Columba Hotel once again.