1,201 results
All reviews sea view north pier public car park breakfast was buffet style excellent location third floor sitting area oban distillery central location bit dated large room top floor lovely view dining room isle of mull stayed here for one night lovely room
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Stayed for 4 nights. Room was large, clean and comfortable. Food very nice and staff very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mel076
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Great location in the heart of Oban. Fantastic views over the harbor and beyond. Food great, staff efficient but not intrusive. Rooms clean and presentable and have everything this is needed in a hotel room. Well worth the money! Will be back!

2  Thank ManoharSanka
manager_columba, General Manager at Columba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your comments about your recent stay at The Columba Hotel Oban. I greatly appreciate you having taken the time to share your thoughts. I am pleased that your comments were all positive and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Columba Hotel in the future. Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed August 3, 2011

Me and my boyfriend stayed here sadly for one night only. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful! I cant begin to describe how happy i was from start to finish! The room had a fabulous harbour view and facilities in the room (202) were great.
We hired bikes over two days and the guy at reception was very nice and brought them in for us during the night.
There are a few bad points:
- It can get a bit noisy in the early morning whith ferries.
- Pillows a bit small.
- Breakfast quality wasnt the best.
But i do have to say that the good points outweigh the little bad points.

We are looking to go back next month to stay and do some more activities in Oban. Would definately recommend this place! LOVE IT!!!

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your constructive comments about your recent stay at The Columba Hotel Oban. I greatly appreciate you having taken the time to share your thoughts. I am very pleased that the staff came up as one of your good points, PS ( I was that guy at reception) Your comments have been relayed back to our purchasing manager and she will be reviewing the options available to us to acquire a better quality of product Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Columba Hotel once again.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

Made a phone reservation and left a L50 deposit several months ago. When travel plans changed they confirmed my cancellation but never refunded the deposit. They never advised that the deposit was non-refundable and never responded to a single email saying it was non refundable. The three other hotels returned deposits immediately.

1  Thank Paul A
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Stayed with my family, room ideal and suited our needs except no cot in room despite booking this. Thankfully we had brought our own! Our room very clean but windows filthy. At breakfast we discovered there was only one high chair and it was in use. This was a shock for a family friendly hotel this is not enough ESP when you can get them for £15 in Ikea and although prepared we hadnt thought to bring a high chair! Families with small children need these v essential tools. Despite eating early they had run out of rolls and croissants. The staff were v sorry but still disappointing. I'd say this hotel is an ideal base, the staff are lovely but as guests do think ahead of what you might need! Feedback to hotel would be to do a family survey with guests so you could make some subtle improvements that would make a
huge difference to us when travelling with young families.

Room Tip: Ask for harbour view, we looked on to Oban town which is a bit run down and noisy at weekends.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Oda16

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your comments about your recent stay at The Columba Hotel Oban. I greatly appreciate you having taken the time to share your thoughts. Firstly may I apologies for the shortfall in service that you received regarding your expectations. Regarding the essential tools that you have mentioned in your feedback these are now in situ. I did message you to see if there were any further suggestions that you might like to add and to find out if you were the guest who reported to me that there was no cot in your room on arrival? I resolved this if you were not the guest my apologies. The Columba has recently seen an increase in the number of families staying and we welcome any feedback and suggestions to make the stay more enjoyable overall as I am lead to believe that travelling with small children can sometimes not be easy. Thank you once again for your time to share your thoughts.