1,184 results
All reviewssea viewnorth pierpublic car parkbreakfast was buffet styleexcellent locationthird floorsitting areaoban distillerycentral locationbit datedlarge roomtop floorlovely viewdining roomisle of mullstayed here for one nightlovely room
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Great hotel. really good service and spacious rooms nice location

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank HolidayLover186534
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Would highly recommend anyone coming to Oban to stay at this beautiful hotel. Service was impecable, such friendly attentive staff, who were willing to accommodate our every need. We stayed in a beautiful seaview bedroom overlooking the Bay. The rooms are spacious, clean, tastefully decorated and with all tea and coffee facilities. The bathroom had been recently refurbished with powerful hot electrical showers. My husband had a noisey around the hotel and informed me there was further refurbishments undergoing, but we were not disturbed. I believe this hotel is under new ownership and the staff seemed very enthusistic to bring this hotel forward and giving great service. We could see this from the breakfast service, fresh fish, hearty bacon, eggs, sausages!!! Meals were delicious, homemade and fresh and not forgetting reasonably priced. Oban in its own is a beautiful location scenery breath taking. We are looking forward in coming back in August but get a ferry across to Bara. I would advise you to book directly with the hotel, you tend to get better deals and rates. Well done Columbia, thank you we really enjoyed our weekend!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PrimroseOil
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Stayed at this hotel on the off chance during our visit to Barra, the staff were very accommodating and nothing was any hassle at all. The room was fantastic very modern and had great views over Oban Bay. We never had the chance to eat in the hotel but I would think it would be fab after having breakfast in the morning. the breakfast was well cooked and presented, plenty of it aswell, we really enjoyed it a great way to start the day. I would recommend this place when in Oban.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank malkyfaebarra
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I stayed in this hotel in 2009 and actually left after only one night. I read the recent reviews and decided to give the hotel a second chance. I'm glad I did. The tiny elevator and twisty steps are still there, but the staff was outrageously helpful, the room was spotless and very comfortable and the location remains great. The breakfast was very good with a lot of options and the waitstaff very attentive. The manager even called another hotel to find me a room in the next city on my itinerary! For the price, it was a wonderful stay. I gave it only four of the five stars because the steps are weird and twisty and I don't want to be too effusive. I wish they would add a handrail on the opposite side.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Sis02
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Good value, centrally located, modern room, very good breakfast and tea/coffee in the room. Be prepared to pay 80p an hour for parking from 9am to 6pm as the hotel car park only takes 8 cars. The smallest bathroom you can imagine (not even a full sized sink). Although the room had been refurbished I guess they didn't replace the beds. The springs appeared to be pushing through to places where springs shouldn't spring through to! That along with a bit of traffic noise (it is in the town centre) didn't make for a great nights sleep. We did ask for the beds to be changed and were promised they would be but sadly they weren't.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple