$207
$112
$207
Official Site
1,161 results
All reviewssea viewnorth pierpublic car parkbreakfast was buffet styleexcellent locationthird floorsitting areaoban distillerycentral locationbit datedtop floorlovely viewdining roomisle of mullstayed here for one nightsea frontlovely room
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I travelled to Oban to attend a charity sports dinner. I always check TA for a review - which I know are subjective. I have been to Oban previously, although many years ago and knew the location of the Columba.
The external appearance of the hotel does not do it justice but don't let that put you off!
The recently renovated room (306) was well decorated. I had a partial sea view. The stairways and lift areas could do with a 'freshen up'. That would be my only complaint.
The dining room and breakfast area were bright and spotlessly clean. I've had breakfasts in all standards of hotels worldwide and this Scottish breakfast was up there with the best! Also, it was a buffet with a very good selection (although I didn't see haggis that morning)
The staff could not be more helpful.
I got a great rate for a Friday one-night stay and it compared most favourably against the other rated hotels.
Whilst there I also learned that the hotel will accept small dogs. I'm sure wee 'Bunty' is going to enjoy it as we will definitely be back in the summer.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Just back from a 1 night stay and was disappointed with disabled facilities. The hotel advertises having an "elevator". No one in their right mind would go in it. It is an old style one where you require to shut the cage. This resulted in my disabled family member having to climb a flight of stairs.
The rooms were clean and recently renovated however the room i was allocated had a nasty smell. The room my family were in was cold and even after having the heating on for a good couple of hours it was still cold!!!!
Come on management, you have a wee gold mine their if you update your lift and keep the heating on. Oh and a glade plug in for the smelly room wouldn't go a miss.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2011

When we arrived at hotel slightly dissapointed by the poor appearance, but when we go to our room with a sea view it was perfect, very modern rooms, clean tidy and the view was fantastic, breakfast the next day is plentiful, staff friendly and helpful, will defintely visit again

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SUNNYDAYSGlasgow
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Stayed here with my husband, for a romantic 2 day break. And was not dissapointed.
Was a bit worried after reading the reviews, but there was no need. Our Room was AMAZING!!! room 302 , Looked like it had just be renovated, the views over the harbour and to kerrera were to die for . Sarah the receptionist who greeted us on arrival was a gem. And yes the hotel lounge bar was very quiet,not every ones cup of tea,but it suited us. Breakfast was okay, Ate in the dnning room on the second night and it was good and reasonably priced. I would say this hotel you would have to ignore the reviews and try it yourself,
yes it is not the ritz but it is a lovely hotel ,but I would recommend you pay the extra £10 for the sea view. Look forward to our return trip

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Booked two nights at the Columba midweek. Excellent value for money and dinner was also included one of the nights. Dinner and breakfast were both fine. Room was of a good standard with flat screen tv included and was very clean. The only drawback is the parking outside. There is very limited parking and it was filled mainly with work vans! Glad we came by train.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple