“A real gem!!!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Coming from Cape Cod, and being able to get dayboat seafood, I tend to be a bit spoiled and very critical of the seafood in restaurants when traveling. This place is the "real deal" ... the best and freshest seafood that we encountered in all of Scotland (and we ate at some of the best). It wasn't the most lavish or the most polished but, its not pretending to be. It's a tiny, friendly, casual place that's all about the seafood, that's it ... simple and delicious!!! If you love seafood, like I do, this place should be tops on your list if you're in Oban.
Oh, and to top it all off, its on the water with a great view. Who could ask for anything more!

11  Thank CAPECODBEACHMAN2

Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

First thing you notice are the stunning views. Very attentive and friendly staff who gave fantastic recommendations of which I ordered the cooked garlic oysters that just melted in the mouth. Followed by the surf and turf which I can hand on heart say was the tastiest lobster I have ever eaten, cooked to perfection and beautifully presented. The portions were slightly on the larger side but that is hardly a complaint and the prices are very wallet friendly. My only grumble is that I don't live closer. Fantastic experience

16  Thank WeePEA
Reviewed November 21, 2012

With limited covers the Seafood Temple has 2 sittings a night. We went for the later slot and were seated prompty. This is a fun restaurant with great staff and great food. Go.

10  Thank daloughlin
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Found this place on trip advisor, rated no'1, well worth the rating, it is a 5 min' walk from the ferry terminal, really tiny, but the food was sublime. I had scallops with chilli and this was the finest starter I have ever tried. We also had a seafood platter which was so fresh and beautifully prepared. I cannot recommend this place enough.

17  Thank Lucy C
Reviewed November 10, 2012

What a fantastic restaurant. My husband and I dined there in November. A friend recommended it and we certainly weren't disappointed! A very small intimate place and unfortunately as we visited in the evening it was very dark so were unable to enjoy the fantastic views from our table overlooking the sea. (Binoculars provided at each table) Gives us an excuse to return though! We started with the seafood chowder and it was simply outstanding. The seafood platter to share was our choice of main course and again was a wonderful experience to enjoy the flavours and fresh seafood which was plentiful. The staff were lovely and very knowledgeable about the food and the area! A fantastic evening which I would highly recommend! Will certainly return for another helping!

17  Thank Mentalmags