What a fantastic Guest House this was, we were lucky enough to be upgraded to room no.7 (i think it was) at the Kilchrenan and what a beautiful room, absoloutley huge compared to our friends room on the top floor, with a huge bed, beautiful fireplace, and the bathroom had a gorgeous roll top bath where you could sit and admire the beautiful views over to the Isle of Mull. We would have been happy with any of the rooms for all the time we spent in them, we were out and about both days, eating and drinking! I would thoroughly recommend this guest house, the breakfasts were filling enough with a wide choice from a menu, and nothing was any trouble to them. As stated in previous posts the owner was more than happy to chat away to us and give his advice on where to eat etc. We stayed 2 nights and ate at a fab restaurant called Euesk on the Saturday, the men opted for the seafood platter for 2 at £60 which was fantastic value, the menu had a good choice and even although they had no note of our booking they still managed to get us a table. The sun was shining the whole weekend we stayed in Oban and would recommend driving thru Glencoe for the scenery alone. We stopped off in Balloch on our way home for a pub lunch and were pleasantly surprised at the quality of food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Colin and Frances welcome all visitors to their elegant Victorian home combining modern comfort with a relaxing atmosphere. Extensive breakfast menu. Spacious rooms, most with sea views and all en-suite. A real home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Kilchrenan House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kilchrenan House Hotel Oban
- Kilchrenan House Oban, Scotland