Kilchrenan House is one in a row of large property on the Corran Esplanade, in my opinion the very best place to stay in Oban. Lovely sea views, nice walks along the waterfront, quiet, and in walking distance into town.
I looked at a few online, and ended booking this one because it was cheapest at the time. About £70 for a double with breakfast in high season which looked good - for Oban, that is.
I booked online, and my enquiries were responded to promptly, and the owners are really friendly.
One of the tidiest looking houses on the promenade, it is traditional outside and quite modern inside - we had a nice if very small room out the back (no view) but bight, very clean, and perfectly adequate. There is free parking, you can sit outside the house and admire the views, and have a complimentary drink.
Our double bed slightly on the small side, shower cosy but really okay - perhaps reflected in the lower price.
Breakfast was fine though not the gourmet feast I have experienced in some parts of Scotland, but nothing wrong with it. Would happily stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Colin and Frances welcome all visitors to their elegant Victorian home combining modern comfort with a relaxing atmosphere. Extensive breakfast menu. Spacious rooms, most with sea views and all en-suite. A real home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Kilchrenan House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kilchrenan House Hotel Oban
- Kilchrenan House Oban, Scotland