“Friendly and informative way to learn something new”

Archery at Ardtorna
Ranked #4 of 4 Fun & Games in Oban
More attraction details
Owner description: Traditional Archery. Try this ancient and noble sport using the traditional longbow of the Scottish Highlands. Learn the basics of this challenging weapon and test your martial skills on our dedicated archery range under the guidance of former " LONGBOW WORLD CHAMPION OF THE WAND " 2006. Children from 10 years and adults catered for. All equipment supplied and safety instructions given.
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Fancied trying something a bit different whilst having a few days away at Oban and spotted this advertised at our B&B. Really glad we did as it was a great way to spend the morning.

Sean is a really good teacher, friendly and informal and it was a pleasure to be taught by someone with such expertise and obvious enthusiasm for what he does.

The archery itself was good fun, we went from complete beginners to beginners hitting the board (most of the time) within about half an hour.

Booked for an hour, but certainly got longer than this - all in all, two happy customers.

Thanks again.

1  Thank JMio
There are newer reviews for Archery at Ardtorna

Reviewed September 18, 2011

During our stay at Ardtorna B&B we decided to have an hour private lesson with Sean, the lesson lasted well over an hour, value for money. Sean is an excellent teacher, very informative with the history and techniques of the long bow and also has a great ability to keep it relaxed and fun. We would highly recommend everyone tries it. Thanks to Sean we are now looking into taking Long Bow lessons back home.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

We had a great hour and a half or so learning the history and skills of longbow with Sean for a special birthday treat for my partner sue.

Sean is a great teacher and soon had us hitting the gold, all while keeping it fun and interesting.
I'd thoroughly recommend it to all and having given us a tour of accommodation I'm sure we'll visit in the future.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

We arranged this while in Scotland since my 15 yr old son and I do some archery in New Mexico, my daughter is starting and my wife does not shoot. Turns out he helped my shooting and my sons - but the big reward was that my daugther REALLY loved it and my Wife too! Some great simple tips helped us all and the setting and Champion are both very nice. We are so happy we found a date he could accommodate us all.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

My husband and I booked in for a private lesson with Sean towards the end of our holiday as a last minute add-on. I am so glad we did - it was the best fun and Sean is an excellent teacher and just a thoroughly nice bloke. As well as giving us well over the allotted hour of target archery, we also came away with some really fascinating information about the longbow and its history.

If you're considering booking in for this then I'd recommend that you just go for it. If we're ever in the area again this is the one activity on the trip that we'd definitely repeat.

We also had a quick tour of Sean and Karen's Ardtorna B&B which is absolutely beautiful, spotlessly clean and very luxurious. I just wish I'd found it before I'd booked accommodation elsewhere.