“Whisky Galore”
Review of Oban Distillery

Oban Distillery
Ranked #1 of 47 things to do in Oban
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Being an Oban native it's taken me this long to actually do the distillery tour. It is very informative, you get to see all the workings of the distillery then you get a taste of the 11 year old, which I have to say was surprisingly palatable. When the tour is over you get a lovely dram of the Oban 14 year old & you get to keep the etched "Oban" tasting glass. All that & it's only £7.50, totally recommend it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,865)

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We all enjoyed being shown round the working distillery. The tour was slick and the whisky was wonderful. We got a lovely glass as a keepsake and a discounted price on the bottles in the shop.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We opted for the slightly more expensive managers tour, and it included a very nice tasting at the end of some of the Oban whiskey's as well as some other ones as well. Great experience, and our favorite of all the distillery tours we had, mostly because our tour guide was absolutely awesome.

1  Thank phillytraveller11
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Little else new here I can add that others haven't said. Brilliant tour, as a beer drinker who's been on many brewery tours it was interesting to see the (not always) different process. The price of the tour is good considering the voucher and the etched glass you are given at the end, plus we had a taste of a 10 year old whiskey (which is my favourite whiskey I have ever tasted to date) plus a decent helping of their produced 14 year. No doubt one of the many reasons people visit Oban and should not be missed. Our Spanish tour guide was lovely, I managed to understand her okay but my girlfriend missed most of what she said, plus there as a feeling of unease about her and the group but that didn't make the tour any less enjoyable.

1  Thank ArkwrightTyke
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Visited the distillery on March 22nd - the one hour tour costs £7.50, including a £3 voucher against a bottle of whisky. Our Spanish lady guide explained how sprouting barley is converted into 14 year old single malt whisky. We had a sample of the whisky aged 12 and again at full maturity, and got to keep an etched whisky glass. A great way to spend an hour when it was raining hard outdoors, and right in the town centre too.
Not surprisingly for a 14 year old, craftsman made product, the Oban single malt is £40 a bottle.
I would highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank Linz6bil9