“little gem”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed June 26, 2013

found this little place after coming off the ferry. Just had a small snack of their hot smoked salmon which was delicious.
i would buy here to take away to eat on the hoof or at home.

There are newer reviews for Oban Seafood Hut

Reviewed June 23, 2013

You have to visit this place if you go to Oban. The sea food is the best I have had. Not only for the quality, the taste, the price, the friendliness of the staff, it's faultless. I had, amongst other things, razor clams. They cost a little over a fiver, I got tonnes of them. I expected them to be a snack. It was a full meal.

If you we're to have these in a major city, they would of cost over twenty quid.

The crab, the hot smoked salmon, the prawns, take your pick, we're quality. My son handled the fresh, live crab. He got quite attached to one of them. The bloke their let him put it back in the sea.

Brilliant, can't praise it enough.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Definitely worth a visit! Going back soon. Good food in a very informal setting, great value! Fresh fish simply cooked.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

The Seafood Hut

To be honest I wouldn't normally review what is in essence, a shack on the harbor side serving seafood. However, given that it is the No. 1 restaurant listed for Oban by TripAdvisor I thought it needed to be investigated.

We had found the Seafood Hut while en route to the Waterside Restaurant the previous night so we knew what to expect when we pitched up for lunch the following day. What we didn't reckon on was the amount of trade they were doing when we got there. It was packed.

Do not expect any frills, there is limited seating and the place operates as a takeaway and as a fishmonger but they will also cook for you whatever they have for sale and you can then make use of the limited refectory seating that's provided. There are no facilities other than a running tap and some paper towel to clean up but to be honest you would not expect much more than that in your local Wimpy to be fair.

What you do get here though is the freshest fish I have had for a very, very long time. Where can you go to get a whole lobster with a salad for £10? I think you would be very hard pushed anywhere in the UK. If lobster is not your thing, and to be honest its not mine, there was a multitude of different things to choose from. Whole crab, crab claws, prawns of all shapes and sizes, Langoustine, scallops, whelks, cockles, and of course mussels are all there for the taking. If it was in the local waters the night before, chances are then it was available from the hut.

If you are in the area and want a quick seafood platter for two people for £25 then this is the place to go.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

From the outside it just looks likes a small green hut that sells fish but honestly I have never tasted seafood like it! Very friendly and down to earth service with normal prices. There is some tree style benches along the side to seat and eat. I had the prawn cocktail served in a shell for only £2.75 - bargain and were given free samples of smoked salmon and lobster. The place was very very business and the only seat we could get was beside the bin and because we sat there the owner gave us free mussels in garlic and white wine sauce!! Amazing, I have been going to this place for years and it gets better everytime. Please remember its the green hut right next to the ferry terminal not the ones that are clustered together at the outdoor clothes shop

2  Thank 497sarah497