“Exciting food”

Cuanra Restaurant
Ranked #58 of 97 Restaurants in Oban
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Cuanra Restaurant is fast gaining a reputation for the finest cuisine. Our highly experienced team of chefs take great pride in the sourcing of the very best of local produce. The intimate atmosphere enjoyed is accentuated by the twinkling crystal chandeliers and the breath taking views over Oban Bay to the Isle of Kerrera.
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is my wife and I second visit, we came for hogmanay and loved it so decided to come back. This restaurant is a little gem, great food at moderate price. The menu is very exciting, using lovely local produce. the lamb sweetbread is just so simple but delicious and just loved the wild garlic but the star of the night for me was the chocolate terrine, mango and elderflower dessert, that was just wonderful. Hope to come back soon again.

1  Thank bibenbum013

Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife often takes me away for a get away and birthday meal (i have a stressful job), if fact she tends to do this once a year.

This year we thought of Oban and while we had stayed at the Queens hotel before, it is very nice, we had not eaten at the Glen Campa before. As my birthday is in February we turned up when the Valentine menu was being served so us old romantics booked in for what turned out to be a treat of a life-time. We have eaten in some very expensive places and some very good places(not always the same). Now at 30 pound a head for a four course meal with coffee we did not have great expectations but expected a decent meal. We were so wrong, the food was out of this world, the mouche bouch started the meal off brilliantly a tasty teaser and a half, with a haggis truffle (it shouldn't have worked but it did) and a smoked oyster that was so delightful to the senses it was close to needing a certificate from the board of sensors. The main, I had the Halibut was divine and the desert (creme brulee for me) was amazingly good. The restaurant was very quiet but the service and food top class. Why this place is not packed is a mystery. It was so good we came back the next day to try the things we did not have on the first day, it was so cheap we ordered the champagne.

Stunning

1  Thank ephnysien
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Having moved in Oban a few months ago, I was looking for a restaurant to go for dinner with my wife after inspecting the many reviews of restaurants in Oban I decided to go to the Glen Campa has it had great reviews and seemed to have gained a rosette lately. Little to say we were not disappointed, it was on the quiet side but did not influence on the quality of the food, I settled for the quail starter, halibut main course and the chocolate and mango dessert which was my highlight, my wife went for the scallop, venison loin which was her favourite and creme brule for dessert, all rounded up with coffee in the lounge with some delicious little chocolate and cakes. In all a beautiful meal, definately be back. Thank you.

1  Thank minimanimo
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We booked at the "Glen campa" whilst staying at the hotel over the new year, we had no expectations but the menu sounded lovely and at a great price( 30 pounds/ 6 courses, that's value), what a great surprise that was, this restaurant has to be the most hidden gem in Oban, the meal started wonderfully with some nibbles( smoked olives, polenta and mozzarella fried, goat's cheese mocoroon or something), then my husband had the quail which he declared very tasty as for me, I went for the soup, I know, boring but it was simply and truly beautiful. We had a small haggis, neeps and tatties course, then beef fillet and halibut respectively, both were a revelation but wait for the dessert, I went for the chocolate delice and salted hazelnut ice cream, I wouldn't usually go for sweet/salty dessert but I was impressed so far and felt a bit aventurous, NOT DISAPPOINTED, my husband had the lemon meringue tart and goat's milk sorbet which was his favourite dish of the night.
In all, we were absolutely over the moon with the evening but one more treat came our way with the coffee, little marshmallows, cherry chocolates and VANILLA FUDGE which was so delicious that I had to eat my husband's one, sorry.
WHAT A WONDERFUL MEAL, best meal have ever had, thank you.

1  Thank bibenbum013
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Didnt food and cookery like this existed in oban, attention to detail in every respect was excellent.
A most enjoyable experience, and at a very reasonable price

1  Thank Twig O