“Best local”

Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We are regulars in this lovely friendly pub! I have just joined tripadviser and had to write a review. First the staff are amazing friendly and we always get a warm welcome! There is a great atmosphere and awesome banter! The staff are efficient and helpful. As for the food best pub grub about! As for the boss what can we say!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

good food,lovelly view from large front window. friendly landlord and staff,and friendly local customers as well.you can book a table to be sure of a seat at busy times

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Popped in here for lunch with my gran. It was a beautiful day and we sat right by the window, the view was breathtaking. We were a bit early so had to wait for the kitchen to open, but when it did we were promptly given menus. It was a little bit too quiet (awkward silence) but at the same time it was nice. We ordered food and I had a steak and onion baguette with wedges. Although I had no clue how to tackle it at first, once I started eating, the taste made up for it, and although full I could have eaten more. My Gran had the potato and leek soup(?) and she thouroughly enjoyed. Service was quick and friendly and the experience was good.

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

After going into Coasters for a few drinks with friends I was shocked to see the service had plummeted since my last trip. The first young girl to serve us was pleasant enough and afterward stood chatting to her friend behind the bar which was fair enough as there was no other customers waiting. Another girl then joined them and jumped up onto the bar where she sat playing with her phone telling her work friends about text messages she was receiving before shouting at the top of her voice "any hole is a goal!!" Was surprised to hear this and pretty much disgusted, was even more surprised when I had to shout over the top of her just to get another drink...at the end of the day I'm not visiting your bar to hear about he young girls sexual conquests but only to be served a drink.

7  Thank Sazzyb22
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Friendly local bar with a big window for a cozy (or downright hot) spot to sit with a view of the ocean. Bartender was friendly and efficient - good selection of beers and soft drinks. More of a family/local/tourist sort of place on the afternoon we went - mellow and relaxing. They even have wi-fi!

My mom and I were greeted by some gentlemen who recognized us from the Oban Highland Games (they were selling raffle tickets as a fundraiser) and had a nice chat with them. Very good atmosphere.