“Seaside pleasure & all for a tenner.”

Oban Fish and Chip Shop
Ranked #5 of 97 Restaurants in Oban
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Seafood Restaurant And Take-away Offering A Wide Variety Of Local Sustainable Fish And Shellfish As Well As Traditional Meals.
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Popped in here purely by chance whilst visiting Oban - just wanted fish 'n' chips and somewhere to sit down and eat.

We went for the fish, chips, mushy peas, with bread and butter and a good size pot of tea. For less than a tenner each.

Good peas
Good brew
Soft bread
Outstanding fish & tartare sauce..

Swift friendly service and would definitely recommend to anyone.

We will be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,525)

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My wife decided to take me to this restaurant as she was there only last month and raved about it. I was told by her that the Salt and Pepper Squid was what I should try as I am a big fan of squid.
On entering you might be led to think that this is just like any other seaside fish and chip bar, but don't let yourself be disillusioned. We were greeted by friendly staff who showed us to a table. We were given menus and told to check out the Special's Board, looking at the board I was swayed between the Bucket of Squat Lobster's or the Salt and Pepper Squid. I went with the Squat Lobsters and asked my wife to order the Squid and we could share. Our order was taken and not long after the food arrived. The portions were massive, and the sea food was Amazing. The batter on the Squats was light and crispy and the tartare sauce I got to accompany it was delicious. I tried the Squid, and it too was delicious, the Homemade Sweet Chilli Jam was a perfect accompaniment with the squid.
The food is very well priced.
I would Highly Recommend anyone passing this to stop in and try as I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Went at lunchtime today, 3 adults and 2 kids. We had fish cakes, scampi, haddock and chips and kids haddock and chicken nuggets. All left clean plates. Really lovely fish and chips. Quick service and a great find from Tripadvisor. Plus toilets were nice and clean - always a good sign ;-)

Reviewed May 15, 2013

This a consistently high standard fish and chip shop, we eat thee as we regularly visit Oban, but today was outstanding. I had the "special" from the board, which I understand is going to become more a regular, of battered squat lobster with a spicy carrot salad and some chips, it was one of the tastiest dishes I have ever had y a detour to the pleasure of eating.

If I could give more than 5 stars I would. If you are passing close maybe a detour should be made.

1  Thank swwesttraveller
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We had a beautiful meal in the restaurant and can honestly say it was the best ever. We chose the small haddock and chips £5 per person, the fish was superb the batter was thin and crisp and the fish white as snow. Very good value for money! Not too big, not too small, Perfect. The staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The restaurant is spotlessly clean and is on the main road through the town. There is street parking outside but not far to walk from the car parks.