“Lovely atmosphere, nice food”
Review of Oban Steak House

Oban Steak House
Ranked #39 of 94 Restaurants in Oban
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Oban Newest Restaurant specializing in Steaks as well as traditional favorites with a relax and friendly service
“Lovely atmosphere, nice food”
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Great staff, lovely atmosphere and a great cosy restaurant. Our steaks were cooked to perfection! Only criticism is that the portions were not that great for the price that you pay, other than that its defo worh a visit.

1 Thank Kerry2911

• Polish first
“Not value or good steak”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Hi I paid £18 for a steak. For this I would expect well cooked and seasoned steak with an array of sides. The steak was cooked to my preference but was very average and the sides were small. I wouldn't return.

Visited June 2012
Cairns, Australia
“Not too shabby”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My partner and I ate here not long ago and having read a few dodgy reviews we weren't expecting much. I can't comment on the atmosphere as we ate prior to 5:30pm, initially we were the only ones there. Atmosphere is a moot point though, as I go to a restaurant for the food, not for what's going on around me.

Service was good, the starter (ribs - were good) and our mains were out in no time. Filling as all hell as I had the lamb and mashed potato. I've tasted better, but at the time I was starving so I smashed it down without hesitation.

Some items looked a tad overpriced, but nothing worth crying over.

I'd probably eat here again, just to try some other things.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank YoungTraveller22
“Food great value”
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Great value for money, good portions tasty food, family friendly a massive plus overall a great laided back atmosphere. Will defiantly return

1 Thank HLC313
Lochgilphead, United Kingdom
“Do not eat here”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We ate here as the place we originally planned to go to was closed - at 7.30pm on a saturday night !! (welcome to Argyll) The atmosphere is non-existent, we waited over half an hour for our meal - when it did arrive we were starving but the food was disgusting. You would assume a "steakhouse" would at least be able to provide a reasonable steak - our "sirloins" were tough and tasteless more like stewing steak. The fillet was meant to be medium rare but was well over cooked. The ribs were like the microwavable ones you buy in Tesco. The surf (with the surf and turf) consisted of 1 soggy langoustine, 2 scallops and 6 over-cooked mussels ! Even the chips were awful - 1 of us had several chips that were black burnt. No-one came over during our meal to check "everything was ok". When we asked for the bill we said the meal wasn't great - the waitress didn't even ask what was wrong. We left disappointed and still hungry - calling in at Kebabish for a kebab on the way home - should have just gone there in the first place !

• Visited September 2012