“A lovely B & B in Oban”

Failte Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 94 Oban B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 16, 2014

A " Compact and Bijou" establishment, very comfortable and well appointed room, very clean and good value for money. Breakfast was more than adequate and very tasty. The Stornoway Black Pudding on the plate was like no Black Pudding I have ever tasted, - it was delicious. I was tempted to lick the plate when I had finished, - but I was discouraged by my wife, - unfortunately.
Highly recommended, Bill & Linda from Brisbane.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
BumbleBumble, Owner at Failte Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Thank you for your kind review.
It was a pleasure to have you to stay with us.
I still admire your will- power in not licking the plate !!
I hope the rest of your travels were enjoyable and that your family wedding went well.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed at Failte B&B on a stopover on the way to Islay. The B&B is placed on the cliffs in Oban and therefor has a great view over the bay. Our room had a big window facing the bay with two chairs so that we could sit there and enjoy the view.

The breakfast was fresh cooked, and plentyfull - one of the best I've had so far in Scotland.

The room was nice and quiet with everything you need. The bathroom was quite small but everything was clean and working.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us - even if it was for just a short visit.
We hope you will come and stay for longer the next time you are on your travels.
I hope your visit to Islay was fun and the whisky tasted good !!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Booked into this B&B after struggling to find anyone who could accommodate a single traveller and I am so glad I did After a stiff
uphill walk, the door opened and I was warmly welcomed by Mike, the owner and had my bags taken off me immediately and shown up to my room. What a delightful room, not the biggest but
perfectly formed, immaculately clean and had everything you need. Comfy bed, plenty of lighting for reading, a super compact shower room, complete with heated towel rail and a bath sheet as
opposed to a bath towel. Lots of little touches that never go unnoticed by a female and even a
small fridge. My Room l had a lovely outlook onto the rear garden and woodland and very, very
quiet. As I was leaving early the following morning I was not able to sample breakfast. View
from the roads up here are fantastic. The walk up is challenging but I would say, please do not
be put off by booking as there is a brilliant taxi service in Oban so no problem really. I would certainly stay here again and would recommend it to anyone. Thank you Mike for your genuine warm welcome.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank IsleofTireeFlopsy
BumbleBumble, Owner at Failte Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you for your kind review.
I am only sorry you didn't have longer to spend with us - hopefully the next time you will be able to enjoy one of Mikes delicious breakfasts and try his home made jams!
I hope you had a good trip home and that all is well with you.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Failte when you next require accommodation in Oban.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed a night here on our way north earlier this month and received a very friendly welcome. We agree with the other reviewers about the view and the clean and comfortable rooms. Breakfast was also delicious.

The only down side was the very heavy rain while we were looking for a place to eat. We found most of the places fully booked but ended up in a Chinese Restaurant. However, this was very nice and, for once, I found a meal that was not too big.

Hope to stay here again on our travels.

Room Tip: I can't remember the number but the front room we had was excellent.
1  Thank Sheila B

Thank you for your kind review.
It was a pleasure to have you to stay At Failte and I hope you will come and see us again the next time you are on your travels.
Thank you also for the trip down memory lane !!
I hope the rest of your trip was enjoyable and you enjoyed the time visiting your relations.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stated in this B&B for just one night (June 13, 2014) prior to our ferry ride to the Isle of Mull but it was long enough to appreciate this clean well appointed room that overlooked the harbor. It was a bit of a chore hiking up the hill with our wheelies but worth it for the ambiance and the view. It was also very quiet. The owner was very friendly and helpful. A great place to stay in Oban.

Room Tip: Not sure what the room number was but it was a room that faced the harbor and it had a great view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review.
It was a pleasure to have you to stay - even if it was for just a short time.
I will look forward to seeing you again in the future , when hopefully you can stay for longer.
I hope your travels to the Isle of Mull were enjoyable.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Failte, as the name suggests, is a lovely place to stay. The proprietress is helpful and friendly and she maintains the appealing rooms to a high standard. You'll find parking is well managed and that early leaving times can be negotiated. The view from a front room is stunning.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John M
BumbleBumble, Owner at Failte Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us - even if it was only for a quick visit.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Failte & hopefully you will have a bit more time to enjoy the view!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We were glad we took advice from Tripadvisor and reserved a room ahead, instead of deciding to take our chances upon arrival. Oban, with its steep, twisty, one-way streets, is not easy to navigate. Our choice of Failte was a good one, although our late booking meant that we didn’t have one of the rooms in the front with amazing views. That said, our room was comfortable and quiet and, when a ferocious storm blew in that night, was cozy and snug in spite of the wind rattling around us. We slept extremely well. Trish was very hospitable and gracious, and our breakfasts were delicious. I would recommend this lovely B&B without hesitation.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
BumbleBumble, Owner at Failte Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for your kind review.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to provide refuge from the storm !!
I hope the rest of your travels were enjoyable and that we will see you back at Failte the next time you are in the area.