“Excellent light lunch”

Ranked #3 of 97 Restaurants in Oban
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We called in to Oban while on our way to Kennacraig on a wet April Saturday. We parked on the street and headed for the Harbour/Seafront restaurants but soon stumbled across Coast. Rather than get wet we ate there. The light lunch was excellent, 2 courses for £9 or so. Freshly baked bread with homemade soup to start, local mussels with cream and shallots as a main for me, a vegetarian tart with the lightest pastry ever for my wife and rhubarb on meringue to finish. We shared the starter and desert. To finish we had Americano coffee with cream far cheaper than you can get it in the upmarket coffee houses. I generally avoid things described as 'a light lunch' because I have a good appetite and need filling up at lunch time but the portions were substantial.

1  Thank Steve R

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We had a lovely meal there. It was fairly quiet when we went but there was nothing wrong with it. The decoration was nice and the meal itself was beautiful and reasonably priced.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Went here on the last night of our short break in Oban. The food and service were excellent. We chose from the a la carte menu with a bottle of wine. The price was very reasonable, for the quality of the food. I particularly liked that the courses were slightly different to the norm, not the usual combinations seen, and that made the experience all the better and more interesting. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Paul P
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I ate off the set menu, while my partner ate of the a la carte menu. The set menu had good choice including vegetarian options. My partner decided to choose a steak, he asked for it to be cooked medium rare, and it was cooked to perfection.Whilst the a la carte menu is lovely, the fixed price menu also provides very good value.

We would certainly return.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Coast is calm, friendly and very efficient. The staff are polite and helpful without being intrusive. The menu gives a good range of dishes that are well cooked and served. Its always great to have the opportunity to visit Coast and wish it was more often. Keep up the good work - Oban needs you!

1  Thank Jasper9980