“Perfection Attained”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oban
Dunheanish Guest House
Ranked #1 of 94 Oban B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The walk up to Dunheanish is worth the effort, you will be rewarded with unparalleled views from a beautiful home run by a warm and welcoming host. Our room, number 5, had the most spectacular view I have ever seen or experienced. The house, which has retained many of it's Victorian architectural details, is finished with quality furniture and decoration that make for a warm, comfortable stay. Our rooms had vases of roses that enhanced the overall experience, such a nice touch. Breakfast, which is served in the dining room, with the million dollar (or pound!) view, was perfect. When booking our rooms, I requested soy milk for breakfast. I didn't even have to ask for it, William remembered this small detail. Attention to detail, friendly advise and banter, and a beautiful home make this the place to stay in Oban. I want to go back.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms, some have better views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sheila S
There are newer reviews for Dunheanish Guest House

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We can't recommend Dunheanish enough.

Communication with William prior to our arrival was friendly and informative.

It’s a hike up the hill but no hill, no view. There are plenty of cabs outside the station after every train if the walk is problematic.

On arrival William was just as warm and friendly. He took our bags off us to store them until later in the day (we arrived on an early train from Glasgow) but gave us the room key so we could just let ourselves in after 2pm.

I had a fall up at the tower behind Dunheanish and snuck in after two to wash off my muddied clothes. William hadn't heard us come in and surprised us as I licked my wounds (I had slipped and my feet came out from under me so I landed on my back and head). He was very concerned and offered to contact the local doctor but I said I'd try and walk it out.

I did ask William if he could possibly dry out my fleece that I had washed off in the shower and he said of course.

The room 3, was beautiful. Although not facing directly out into Oban Bay it had a picture window that looked straight up the loch? kyle? towards Mull. Beautiful.

The room itself was beautifully furnished with quality bathroom products and high quality linens and towels.

Everything about the room was stylish and classy without being fussy.

The following morning William was very relieved to see me up and about (I am still in some pain nearly three weeks later).

His breakfasts were wonderful. We had been asked our preferences the night before. My partner's full Scottish breakfast was terrific and my smoked salmon and scrambled eggs were superb.

William apologised for not having a front room available and for not washing my jacket instead of just drying it (I'd said not to bother). He didn't have to apologised for either.

Dunheanish was fab!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 3, it was fab, and didn't even have a front facing view. They will all be gre...
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We spent one night at Dunheanish in September, and really enjoyed our stay. The weather outside was a bit cold/rainy/dreary when we arrived, but we were instantly warmed by William's hospitality! The house/room were very comfortable (we were in room 3), William was very helpful, and breakfast was delicious. Of course, I have to mention the view. Absolutely beautiful view of Oban and the sea from the house (and breakfast room!). The house is an easy walk into town (the walk back is a bit uphill, but not terribly difficult) and to McCaigs. We will definitely stay again when returning to Oban!

Room Tip: We had room 3, which was great. However, if you want a full gorgeous view, room 4 is it...
Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed two nights on 16th and 17th September. Fabulous room overlooking Oban and the sea. Lovely clean room, with modern bathroom. Breakfasts excellent, especially the Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Egg. William is a very friendly and helpfull host who seemed to have lots of time to chat to everyone. Good Car Park is a bonus. Would recommend to anyone visiting Oban.

Room Tip: Room at front overlooking Oban and sea is wonderfull.
Reviewed September 28, 2012

What a gem... Breath taking views, beautifully appointed rooms and superb hospitality. Hard to think of a better welcome. Superb attention to detail, easy access to well above average restaurants. Would rate this very highly in our many and varied experiences.

Room Tip: Try to book room 4 or room 1
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ching62
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Wonderful views, lovely bnb. Will definitely be recommending to others. My partner and I stayed on the 24th Sept 2012. Lovely furniture and friendly owners. The views over Oban and the Isle of Mull were stunning.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Absolutely lovely B&B with a friendly and informative owner. Great views overlooking all of Oban. Everything in Oban was walkable from this great location, but don't walk if you don't like climbing a very steep hill back to your room!

Room Tip: This B&B has great views- it's high on the hill overlooking Oban- therefore- don't stay...