“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Tayport, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This was our first stay at this hotel and I don't think it will be our last. Lovely swimming pool with jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. Hot Tub outside. Excellent food for breakfast and evening meal and we are fussy people but we could not fault it. Staff are attentive but unobtrusive. The hotel is warm throughout. Our room may have been a bit small but it had everything we needed. It was spotlessly clean and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
Hamilton, Scotland
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed on an overnight deal, which was good value. Unfortunately, the first room we were allocated had a temporary problem with the water and then with the lights. We were upgraded immediately and were given a lovely room overlooking the loch. The decor was a bit faded and the furniture was bit of a mismatch affair but it was all perfectly adequate and the staff were very helpful. Dinner was very good and staff in the dining room very attentive. Breakfast is cooked on demand and was excellent.

Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2014

My wife and I spent 5 nights at the Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa to celebrate our 5th Wedding Anniversary and we enjoyed every minute of it. Beautiful location, comfortable room, good spa facilities, nice relaxing lounge/bar area, excellent food and probably the best staff that we have experienced anywhere! The serving staff, bar staff, receptionists, housekeepers and the therapists in the spa were all very friendly, helpful and all had a smile on their face. Well done to all of you. This is definitely the place to go for a relaxing break in great surroundings. We will be going back...

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights mid March. Good deal B&B with evening 6 course meal. Food was excellent at both breakfast and evening time. Service was also very good. We used the Spa facility which was very nice and the girls both had a 30 minute massage which they loved. The room was of reasonable quality despite the reviews and our friends had arranged for a superior room, champagne, fruit and cheese and biscuits which was a nice touch. The hotel has ample parking at the front door and is a 5 minute stroll to the town of Inverary. There are also a number of good walks close by. Free Wifi was available which was helpful. The hotel has a nice big sitting area but would benefit from say some live music at night, maybe acoustic or piano. I spent some time in the afternoon reading in a big comfy armchair but was constantly distracted by a health and safety trainer loudly doing one to one coaching with individual staff in that lounge - not good. I was also unimpressed with 20% vat being added to the bar tab when we left. Overall though it was a great couple of days and would positively recommend.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jimjackie1958
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Just back from a two day trip to the Loch Fyne and all in all I would say it was first class. Nice relaxing atmosphere throughout the Hotel and the staff are very friendly and welcoming. We had a double room which was spotless and smelled of coconut :-) my only complaint here would be that the view was to the side of the building, which didn't detract from our stay as we didn't spend much time in the room.

My Husband had booked treatments for us in the Spa, however, due to recent surgery, they couldn't give me the body massage. I was really disappointed but the girl more than made up for this with a lovely long facial and shoulder massage which was excellent. I would definitely recommend a visit.

Things to look out for... The six course taster menu, which is excellent, the large spa bath, sauna and steam room.
Things needing attention... no drinking water in the room and not making the most of the view from the pool.
We will be returning someday to the Loch Fyne Hotel.

Room Tip: Always opt for a Loch View if it is available
Edinburgh
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I booked this hotel through a voucher so was a little worried if it was good. I should not have worried.

We arrived and were met by two very competent staff who explained the features of the hotel and took our booking for dinner. Our room was on the 1st floor and was very good although it has no view. I think almost all the bedrooms have no view. We went into the lounge which had several very comfortable sofas and relaxed with a drink.

When we came down for dinner we were met and taken to our table. The menu was clearly explained as our package included dinner. The food was excellent.

Breakfast was very good with many choices of cold and hot dishes.

My wife had booked me in for a back massage. I think so she could have a full facial! Amanda was my masseur and I have to say she was a real expert and is to be recommended.

If you would like a break in the most beautiful part of Britain I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel. All I can say is it exceeded expectations.

Room Tip: I do not think any of the standard bedrooms in the extension are better than others but if you are o...
CUMBERNAULD
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife and I have just returned from an overnight stay at the hotel. We found it to be excellent.the staff very friendly,pleasant and polite. The food breakfast and dinner excellent. plenty of choice. The bedroom we had was excellent,spotlessly clean as was the bathroom.
No complaints at all. Well worth a visit and stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inveraray
Oban Bay Hotel
The Creggans Inn
#1 of 1 in Strachur
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Knockderry House Hotel

Been to Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!