Stayed here in mid June. The road works certainly didn't help and the weather was dreadful! I'm sure the view from the front of the hotel is great, but when it rains.......
Rooms were a little small with those annoying low wattage 'reading ' lamps that are a waste of space. Bathroom OK , but use it early as there isn't always sufficient hot water.
Breakfast good, albeit with small portions -I didn't ask for the baked beans but wondered if you'd get more than one!
Table d'hote dinner (a good deal if you don't intend eating out) was fine, good food, but a limited choice (one veggy, one fish and one meat only) Service varied from very good to 'we're abit short tonight' Staff were, in general, competent and friendly. A good bar/lounge area overlooking the loch, for drinks or after dinner coffee.
value for money? I guess you're paying for the view and easy access to the town -with the road works and weather we missed out on that -so difficult to answer. If we went back to the area I think I would give it a second chance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Royal Burgh of Inveraray overlooking Loch Fyne, the Loch Fyne Hotel has 80 bedrooms and leisure suite with swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi. There is a comfortable lounge bar and an excellent restaurant. The town of Inveraray is a short stroll away and the hotel is situated 55 miles from Glasgow, making the hotel the perfect touring base for Oban, and Glencoe. Inveraray Jail and Inveraray Castle are a short stroll away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotel.de, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loch Fyne Hotel And Spa
- Loch Fyne Hotel Inveraray
- Loch Fyne Inveraray
- Fyne Hotel Loch
- Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa Inveraray, Argyll And Bute, Scotland