My husband and I stayed in this hotel last November for two nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. We were lucky enough to purchase an offer through Group On so had breakfast both mornings and a taster menu on the evening - all food was gorgeous and the style of the menu encouraged us to try something a little different from what we would normally. We were very impressed with the scallops and mussels - a must if you dine at the hotel!
The staff were friendly and helpful and Loch Fyne itself is beautiful. We had some lovely walks and had a gander around Inveraray and the castle grounds. We loved the town (especially the Christmas Shop that had opened - it was like a little Aladdin's cave!) but we were disappointed to find that the castle was shut for the winter (it was the beginning of November?!).
The room was clean, well decorated and very cosy but sizeable. The spa facilities are lovely and depending on parking the pool/jacuzzi/lounge area has some gorgeous views of the loch (as there are parking spaces right at the window views tend to be restricted most of the time which is a shame).
The only downside to the visit was the changing rooms which I felt could have been attended more. I didn't really want to step on the floor, it was soaked (worse than most pool changing areas I've been to) and this included the toilet floors which I think need to be kept on top of very regularly for hygiene more than anything! Cleaners eventually came in and were mopping the floor with towels (which looked suspiciously like used guest towels!) to clean the excess water from the floors. This is a nit pick really as the rest of the hotel was clean and beautiful.
I would recommend a stay here - depending on what you want to do while your here it is quite central - not too far from the highlands for some beautiful walks, the hotel itself is surrounded by lovely seafood restaurants and cute little towns and if you wanted to see a bit of the city Glasgow is not too far away - the shopping there is excellent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Royal Burgh of Inveraray overlooking Loch Fyne, the Loch Fyne Hotel has 80 bedrooms and leisure suite with swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi. There is a comfortable lounge bar and an excellent restaurant. The town of Inveraray is a short stroll away and the hotel is situated 55 miles from Glasgow, making the hotel the perfect touring base for Oban, and Glencoe. Inveraray Jail and Inveraray Castle are a short stroll away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loch Fyne Hotel And Spa
- Loch Fyne Hotel Inveraray
- Loch Fyne Inveraray
- Fyne Hotel Loch
- Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa Inveraray, Argyll And Bute, Scotland