“Lovely Hotel, beautiful location - very relaxing break!!”

Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Inveraray
GreenLeadersGold level
Newcastle
“Lovely Hotel, beautiful location - very relaxing break!!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel last November for two nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. We were lucky enough to purchase an offer through Group On so had breakfast both mornings and a taster menu on the evening - all food was gorgeous and the style of the menu encouraged us to try something a little different from what we would normally. We were very impressed with the scallops and mussels - a must if you dine at the hotel!

The staff were friendly and helpful and Loch Fyne itself is beautiful. We had some lovely walks and had a gander around Inveraray and the castle grounds. We loved the town (especially the Christmas Shop that had opened - it was like a little Aladdin's cave!) but we were disappointed to find that the castle was shut for the winter (it was the beginning of November?!).

The room was clean, well decorated and very cosy but sizeable. The spa facilities are lovely and depending on parking the pool/jacuzzi/lounge area has some gorgeous views of the loch (as there are parking spaces right at the window views tend to be restricted most of the time which is a shame).

The only downside to the visit was the changing rooms which I felt could have been attended more. I didn't really want to step on the floor, it was soaked (worse than most pool changing areas I've been to) and this included the toilet floors which I think need to be kept on top of very regularly for hygiene more than anything! Cleaners eventually came in and were mopping the floor with towels (which looked suspiciously like used guest towels!) to clean the excess water from the floors. This is a nit pick really as the rest of the hotel was clean and beautiful.

I would recommend a stay here - depending on what you want to do while your here it is quite central - not too far from the highlands for some beautiful walks, the hotel itself is surrounded by lovely seafood restaurants and cute little towns and if you wanted to see a bit of the city Glasgow is not too far away - the shopping there is excellent!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from 1 night stay with my husband. Location was stunning!!room was good size but my husband didnt have a good sleep as mattress was very lumpy and he could feel springs so woke up with very sore back in the morning. Sauna wasnt hot enough as quite big gap in door which caused a cold draft. We were both abit disappointed that there were no water facilities at the sauna etc. We had evening meal in restaurant and I could not fault this, we both enjoyed all courses. Service was excellent staff very friendly. Bar area relaxing and cosy. We had breakfast in morning again lovely (especially black pudding&haggis) and staff again very efficient. Overall had a lovely stay a nice relaxing break which we were looking for. Would return again maybe bring kids for nice wee break. Thanks

• Stayed March 2013
Kilmarnock, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Spent 2 nites in the hotel, on a dinner, bed and breakfast package. It was great value- a special offer at £69 each. My friend and I stayed in a twin room, very clean and neat, and beds were comfortable. All the food we had at breakfast and dinner was excellent and classy- not even a hint of school dinnery type hotel food. Venison, lamb, chicken, trout were variously chosen at dinner by me or my friend, and we found everything of good quality and nicely cooked and presented. The lounge bar is quite large with a variety of comfortable seating- some people were having food in the bar too.
The swimming pool is a reasonable size and is 1.2 metres deep throughout- not so good for children! A small steam room, sauna, and a very bubbly jacuzzi spa were good. Everything in the
pool and spa area was clean and well maintained. Only downside was the womens changing area which seemed designed for only 2 people at a time- very cramped.
The hotel was extremely busy for the time of year(March) yet there seemed to be adequate parking spaces. This hotel surpassed all expectations, will definitelt stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank lornahood
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights with 6 course taster dinner as part of the deal. Rooms are average size and furnished, ensuite and very clean and have a big comfortable bed. Tea & coffee making facilities are provided. The food is excellent and I found the taster menu to be superb in level of choice, presentation and quality. Different menu both nights too and both equally as good. Service was excellent as was the surroundings. Breakfast was great with plenty of choice to suit most tastes from traditional to vegetarian. Lovely lounge for drinks. The Hotel has fantastic views from the lounge and some bedrooms and sits overlooking the loch with great views. You can walk into Inverary within 10 minutes and its on the level so will suit anybody. The town itself has a few tourist attractions and some pubs and eateries to try something different if needed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alistair S
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Have visited Loch Fyne and Spa several times and this visit was fantastic. I would like to give a special mention to Dawn who made this visit a wonderful experience to me and my partner. Staff were as usual very friendly and the food is top notch as well. I love the pool and just being able to relax something that this fine establishment offers in abundance. If in Inveraray you must visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank neil34
Tranent
Reviewed March 28, 2013

stayed at the hotel 25th-27th march on a groupon deal and had an excellent time. was slightly apprehensive after reading some of the poorer reviews (i always seek these out!) but most of these seem to be from a few years back and I was encouraged to see that management at least had the courtesy to respond to those complaining and attempted to put any issues right. I need not have worried. the staff were superb - we have a child with aspbergers and the staff, especially the chef and restaurant staff, could not have been more helpful in accommodating any special requests we made. happy kids + relaxed parents = great holiday! we had the 6 course taster menu for dinner and I would say it was excellent food for a hotel and very good by any restaurant standards. any one complaining about portion sizes should remember it is a 'taster' menu! the room and the general hotel areas are nicely presented and any issues (bed side light bulb went) were resolved quickly without fuss. the spa was also a wonderful bonus - the pool area was lovely and the jacuzzi very relaxing. we did brave the outdoor hot tub but it was a little too cold on the head to stay out for long - there was snow on the ground after all. over all I would thoroughly recommend the hotel and the location for a quiet getaway. the scenery is absolutely stunning and we can't wait to return in the warmer weather. we will definitely book again at this hotel when we do.

Room Tip: a room with a view to the front would have been amazing. we had a room to the side garden which was...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Darren M
Glasgow
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We spent two nignts at the Loch Fyne Hotel and Spa 25/26th March 2013 we had recieved one night DBB as a gift, and decided to stay on for one additional night.

Its an OK hotel with frendly staff who try hard to make up for the hotel failings.

The inclement weather added addition pressure on the hotel to heat up the main seating areas with additional heaters being added , however in the room the bathroom heater was not working and the main room heater was on a timer which was not ideal but just about kept the room warm. The trouser press did'nt work but not the end of the world !

The restaurant : having paid for dinner (£32 for the meal) per person you have two menu's the DBB and, A la Carte upgrade. I personally found the DBB menu limited in choice but felt a form of entrapment by having to pay additional monies for and Upgrade , on the first night i only had Eggs Benidict for my meal no starter on sweet my cost for the meal was £37.95 !
On the second evening i should'nt have gone to the restaurant as the entrapment feeling was still with me ..again having paid for DBB at (£ 32 for the meal) the DBB menue was in my opinion limited, I opted to just have a main meal from the A La Carte menu + Upgrade cost, I chose Langoustine and Haddock . We advised the staff after 30 mins that we we had not had our meal !! After 1 Hour and 10 Mins we advised the staff to cancel the meal as we still had not recieved our dishes... the resturant by now was almost empty, the head waiter said that he would deal with it and we recieved our meal, the head waiter was very apologetic and that we would not pay for the meal , by now I could'nt eat the meal . Having calculated, if I had to paid for my two nights food it would have been over £80 for Egg Benidict and Langoustines and Haddock !!! You don't get what you pay for

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GlasgowMarty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inveraray
Oban Bay Hotel
Taychreggan Hotel
#2 of 2 in Kilchrenan
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa

Been to Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!