We spent two nignts at the Loch Fyne Hotel and Spa 25/26th March 2013 we had recieved one night DBB as a gift, and decided to stay on for one additional night.
Its an OK hotel with frendly staff who try hard to make up for the hotel failings.
The inclement weather added addition pressure on the hotel to heat up the main seating areas with additional heaters being added , however in the room the bathroom heater was not working and the main room heater was on a timer which was not ideal but just about kept the room warm. The trouser press did'nt work but not the end of the world !
The restaurant : having paid for dinner (£32 for the meal) per person you have two menu's the DBB and, A la Carte upgrade. I personally found the DBB menu limited in choice but felt a form of entrapment by having to pay additional monies for and Upgrade , on the first night i only had Eggs Benidict for my meal no starter on sweet my cost for the meal was £37.95 !
On the second evening i should'nt have gone to the restaurant as the entrapment feeling was still with me ..again having paid for DBB at (£ 32 for the meal) the DBB menue was in my opinion limited, I opted to just have a main meal from the A La Carte menu + Upgrade cost, I chose Langoustine and Haddock . We advised the staff after 30 mins that we we had not had our meal !! After 1 Hour and 10 Mins we advised the staff to cancel the meal as we still had not recieved our dishes... the resturant by now was almost empty, the head waiter said that he would deal with it and we recieved our meal, the head waiter was very apologetic and that we would not pay for the meal , by now I could'nt eat the meal . Having calculated, if I had to paid for my two nights food it would have been over £80 for Egg Benidict and Langoustines and Haddock !!! You don't get what you pay for
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Royal Burgh of Inveraray overlooking Loch Fyne, the Loch Fyne Hotel has 80 bedrooms and leisure suite with swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi. There is a comfortable lounge bar and an excellent restaurant. The town of Inveraray is a short stroll away and the hotel is situated 55 miles from Glasgow, making the hotel the perfect touring base for Oban, and Glencoe. Inveraray Jail and Inveraray Castle are a short stroll away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, HRS, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loch Fyne Hotel Inveraray
- Loch Fyne Hotel And Spa
- Loch Fyne Inveraray
- Fyne Hotel Loch
- Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa Inveraray, Argyll And Bute, Scotland