“Fantastic Weekend Break!”

Lochgoilhead, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Weekend Break!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Wow - where do I start?

Had a fantastic break this Saturday & Sunday and can't wait to go back. We booked online for 2 nights and the price included dinner on our first night

We had a lovely attic room with a loch view and the room had huge comfy bed, flat screen TV and en-suite bathroom.

Dinner on our first night comprised of the Table t'hote menu which was priced at £32.50 per head if not on our package. We had an amuse bouche of duck followed by a choice of 3 starters, followed by a further amuse bouche (mushroom & tarragon soup - delicious) then a choice of 3 main courses and 3 sweets. We did have a cold main course served, however this was dealt with very professionally and rectified within minutes (great service).

With free use of the leisure facilities included in our stay we took full advantage and used these on both days. Having taken a walk into Inveraray on Sunday we thought about eating at the George Hotel (having dined here previously) however as we had such a lovely meal the night before we decided to dine in the Loch Fyne again and eat off their a la carte menu and we were not disappointed!

My partner had mussels to start which were a sensible portion with a gorgeous sauce of cream, white wine and shallots (mmm). He followed this with chicken and chorizo which I had the bone-in rib eye steak - this was a beautiful cut of meat and cooked to perfection. Coupled with a nice bottle of red wine a great meal was had and once again the service was second to none. I would say their desserts were a bit disappointing as I opted for lemon tart which had not set and my partner had cranachan which was too creamy but apart from that a great meal.

Breakfast was also a delight with plenty of choice on the menu and again the food was delicious - especially the pork & parsley sausages (gorgeous).

Having spare time on Sunday I treated myself to a pedicure in the Spa and this was extremely relaxing (I will be back) - thanks Charlotte.

Overall we had a fabulous weekend and can't wait to go back - special thanks should go to the Maitre 'd and his staff serving in the restaurant as nothing was any trouble - great service.

Thank you!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
Paisley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

My daughter and I booked a one night spa break. Lovely location and hotel staff welcoming. We had a lovely meal included in the price. The restaurant could have done with more heating, The leisure facilities were adequate the spa was great. Unfortunately sleeping was another matter. We could feel every spring in the mattress my hip and elbows are still sore. We could also hear people walking in the room above. I would recommend this hotel for the food and spa but not for overnight stay

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GM-LochFyneHotel, General Manager at Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Mandy, Thank you for taking the time to complete your recent review, While I am delighted that you enjoyed the food, service and the Spa during your stay, I am very disappointed to read that the mattress was so uncomfortable, The beds are replaced as a rolling refurbishment programme at Loch Fyne, however it appears that the bed in your room requires immediate action. If you could please contact me at Loch Fyne and confirm your room number, I will ensure the mattress is changed straight away. Please accept my sincere apologies.
I do hope that you will allow me the opportunity to correct our mistake in the near future.
Kind regards
Marc Gardner
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Just back from a 2 night break ...it was wonderful....we got a great deal ..dinner bed and breakfast .....can not fault it......I emailed in advance and asked for a loch view.....we were given a twin attic room....which was good....everything we needed....and had nice view of loch.....beds comfortable..good shower etc....the spa was really good....and we easily spent a couple of hours here reading on the loungers, out door spa etc.....and the dinner was amazing....a 6 course menu....and all wonderful.....the lounge area is lovely...we also had lunch her which was great...and it's all very reasonably priced for a hotel.....breakfast was wonderful too.....really can't fault it...hope to return again..

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed with my wife for two days. Hotel has everything you would expect from 4star property, well! Apart from staff that is 5star. Everyone made me feel very welcome. Food was good. If you will decide to go please have one of their steaks. One of the best I ever had. Staff in the restaurant was frendly and profesional. Mix of spanish, polish and scottish with hungarian "Steven Seagal" like manager. Trully 5star.

• Stayed January 2013
Kilbirnie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed here for a second time and was not disappointed. The food is great, five courses of faultless food, the staff were all friendly and helpful and would go out their way to assist. Being on crutches, the staff moved us to a double room next to a single room with a walk in shower allowing me to use the facilities. Fantastic catering for people with disability. Great location on the edge of town, views were superb, hotel has a pool and hot tubs which are ideal for lazing around looking out over the snow peaked mountains nearby. Spa is also worth a visit great choice of therapies. Could not fault the hotel in any way, excellent value for money. Great relaxing break. Hasta la vista baby I will definately be back. Well done Loch Fyne you do Scotland proud.....

Room Tip: Excellent stop off point if heading North or a perfect location for a couple days chilling ....
Perth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Ideal location for a night away. Inveraray on a crisp, breathless winter's day, really is very pretty.
The hotel, was warm and the staff were welcoming. Nice pool, sauna and steamroom, but could have had a few more loungers !! Very relaxing ambiance. Nice restaurant and bistro. Food from the set menu, was very good and certainly plentiful at dinner. Reasonably priced wine list. Great value for a Winter Break.
Breakfast was not to the same standard as dinner..... Will definitely return in the near future.

Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Six of us stopped between Xmas and New Year for a well deserved break which is exactly what we got with fine food , great service with a smile. Nice pool and handy for a walk by the loch and into town. Manager very hands on without being obtrusive.Excellent

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inveraray
Oban Bay Hotel
The Creggans Inn
#1 of 1 in Strachur
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Knockderry House Hotel

Been to Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!