Wow - where do I start?
Had a fantastic break this Saturday & Sunday and can't wait to go back. We booked online for 2 nights and the price included dinner on our first night
We had a lovely attic room with a loch view and the room had huge comfy bed, flat screen TV and en-suite bathroom.
Dinner on our first night comprised of the Table t'hote menu which was priced at £32.50 per head if not on our package. We had an amuse bouche of duck followed by a choice of 3 starters, followed by a further amuse bouche (mushroom & tarragon soup - delicious) then a choice of 3 main courses and 3 sweets. We did have a cold main course served, however this was dealt with very professionally and rectified within minutes (great service).
With free use of the leisure facilities included in our stay we took full advantage and used these on both days. Having taken a walk into Inveraray on Sunday we thought about eating at the George Hotel (having dined here previously) however as we had such a lovely meal the night before we decided to dine in the Loch Fyne again and eat off their a la carte menu and we were not disappointed!
My partner had mussels to start which were a sensible portion with a gorgeous sauce of cream, white wine and shallots (mmm). He followed this with chicken and chorizo which I had the bone-in rib eye steak - this was a beautiful cut of meat and cooked to perfection. Coupled with a nice bottle of red wine a great meal was had and once again the service was second to none. I would say their desserts were a bit disappointing as I opted for lemon tart which had not set and my partner had cranachan which was too creamy but apart from that a great meal.
Breakfast was also a delight with plenty of choice on the menu and again the food was delicious - especially the pork & parsley sausages (gorgeous).
Having spare time on Sunday I treated myself to a pedicure in the Spa and this was extremely relaxing (I will be back) - thanks Charlotte.
Overall we had a fabulous weekend and can't wait to go back - special thanks should go to the Maitre 'd and his staff serving in the restaurant as nothing was any trouble - great service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Royal Burgh of Inveraray overlooking Loch Fyne, the Loch Fyne Hotel has 80 bedrooms and leisure suite with swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi. There is a comfortable lounge bar and an excellent restaurant. The town of Inveraray is a short stroll away and the hotel is situated 55 miles from Glasgow, making the hotel the perfect touring base for Oban, and Glencoe. Inveraray Jail and Inveraray Castle are a short stroll away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotel.de, Travelocity, HRS, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loch Fyne Hotel Inveraray
- Loch Fyne Hotel And Spa
- Loch Fyne Inveraray
- Fyne Hotel Loch
- Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa Inveraray, Argyll And Bute, Scotland