Location is fantastic overlooking the Loch, spa area was lovely and the hot tub was a nice addition, 30 min massage included in the deal was very good and I cannot fault the rooms however the food did not live up to expectations and sadly the sauce served with my venison was burnt, however when I pointed this out to the waiter/manager he went to ask the chef and came back with a comment from the chef stating it was the red currents which make the sauce taste bitter - he did not come out and taste the sauce which is usual when a complaint goes back to the kitchen, I know what red-currents taste like and they are certainly not bitter and burnt when used in cooking they can be sharp yes but not bitter and burnt. Aside from the sauce the venison was cooked to perfection just on the side of rare which it should be. The real let-down was the dessert which was described as a Brownie but was more like a steamed stodgy chocolate pudding from school; no real chocolate flavour - I would have said something but I'm sure the chef would have come back with some lame excuse.
So to sum up I would recommend staying here for the rooms were clean and the spa facility was lovely and quiet but would probably say eat at the George down the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the Royal Burgh of Inveraray overlooking Loch Fyne, the Loch Fyne Hotel has 80 bedrooms and leisure suite with swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi. There is a comfortable lounge bar and an excellent restaurant. The town of Inveraray is a short stroll away and the hotel is situated 55 miles from Glasgow, making the hotel the perfect touring base for Oban, and Glencoe. Inveraray Jail and Inveraray Castle are a short stroll away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, HRS, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loch Fyne Hotel Inveraray
- Loch Fyne Hotel And Spa
- Loch Fyne Inveraray
- Fyne Hotel Loch
- Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa Inveraray, Argyll And Bute, Scotland