“A very nice meal”

Ban-diuc
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Inveraray
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Formally 'The Coffee House' current owner also runs The Royal Burgh Cafe in the same town.
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant by restaurant owners who often visit this restaurant on their day off. We were not disappointed. Very welcoming and lovely decor. Staff friendly and service very good.
There was an extensive menu with the usual Indian selection. Our food arrived promptly and was delicious.
We will certainly be back!!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just stopped off for something to eat on the way home, found this amazing little Indian restaurant! I had the special lunch menu, which was amazing value and same portion size as my husbands who ate from the a la carte menu. The chutneys, poppadoms and the pakora were lovely! Garlic nan and main courses couldnt be faulted either! The service was great and the staff very friendly! Will definitely go back!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I’ve been travelling up and down from Glasgow to various places on the west coast where I pass through Inveraray in the process.
I did one such business trip last thursday when travelling back home, and came across the Ban-Diuc, an Indian Restaurant located within a detached victorian stone built property right behind the main street, next/near to the pier.
I was travelling with my son, and we decided to take the opportunity of getting a takeaway vegetable and chicken pakora to tide us over until we got home. Well, we finished this off whilst sitting in the car overlooking the landmark Inveraray bridge from the pier car park. Placed the empty wrappers and bag in the bin (keeping Scotland clean and tidy) and started to head back. Well, we got near to the bridge when I looked to my son and said, that was one of the best pakoras I’ve ever had, for which he said, I was just thinking the very same thing. I said, do you want to take some back for the family, and without hesitation we safely turned just before the bridge.
We took home two pakoras, lamb tikka, rice and nan. Must say the meal was excellent, and when back in the area we will return for a sit in meal, if time allows
My only criticism would be that they only gave us one pakora sauce for the second takeaway which was a problem as there was not enough sauce in the small container. Also suggest that if you order a takeaway that you ask that they fill the tikka sauce as this was only half full, which did present a problem when eating the meal as there was not enough to eat with the rice and nan bread, if you get my meaning.
Other than that suggestion then it’s a place to visit.
Enjoy…

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stopped at Ban-Diuc after a day exploring the area whilst holidaying in Oban. We always try to take in an Indian meal whilst on holiday, and picked this one out from the tripadvisor reviews. We arrived just as it opened, so we were the only table, but it's such a delightful old building with an amazing location it didn't lack any atmosphere. The waiter was great, really friendly and eager to please. Best of all was the food which was fresh and flavourful. Good value for money too. Recommended, we are already looking forward to returning.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Very friendly staff and excellent food. Will definitely make this part of a return visit to Argyll. Would highly recommend!