“Ardsheil-Seafield Hotel Stay.”

and 1 more site!
Ardshiel Hotel
Ranked #4 of 19 Campbeltown B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

When I'm down in Campbeltown I normally stay at the Ardsheil but due to it being full stayed in the Seafied Hotel 50yrds along the road.
Both hotels are owned by the same person and the Seafield is used as an overspill for accommodation with meals served in the Ardshiel Hotel.
The food and service in the Ardshiel was second to none and I would recommend the lamb the best I've tasted.
The Ardshiel has been updated with new decor which adds to the experience.
Staying in the Seafield wasn't ideal as the weather was stormy and having to flit back and forward for meals was a pain.
The hotel itself was clean but with no staff staying in the Seafield it felt cold and unkept.
Will definetly come back as long as I can stay in the Ardshiel.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Friendly staff, a clean room (and in good state of repair) well cooked and pleasantly served food from a menu with plenty of choice - and all in a wonderful location. Very welcoming - and a fantastic selection of malt whiskies - what more could a man ask for!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

After a long drive it was lovely to be shown into a large, comfortable and well-fitted-out bedroom, with a sparkling shower unit in the good sized en-suite. I loved the soft, fluffy white towels and the pristine white bed linen. The Vettriano prints on the wall brought a familiar grin to my face! All the staff were delightfully warm and welcoming, our evening meal was lovely and breakfast was hot, huge, traditional and tasty. The facilities for our business meeting were well laid out and the buffet lunch was outstanding in its quality, variety and presentation.

Room Tip: Even the room facing the street was quiet.
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I have visited the Ardshiel many times usually so my husband can sample from the impressive collection of whiskeys on display in the bar. It is always warm friendly and welcoming it is also brightly and tastefully decorated. We had stayed in the hotel one night when we arrived too late to set up our boat. I was a little disappointed to be staying in the annex but the rooms were warm and clean. I was impressed with my evening meal nicely cooked and well presented, the menu choice was good and the dining room light and airy, overlooking a well maintained walled garden. On sunnier evenings I have enjoyed a pre dinner glass of wine outside at one of the tables dotted around the lawn. The hotel is minutes from the town's centre and harbour, In Campbeltown itself there are plenty of places to eat, there is also the oldest picture house in Scotland. I would happily stay at this hotel again.

For more information about Campbeltown visit http://journeytoscotland.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/campbeltown-town-of-entrances.html

Room Tip: Request a room with a sea view in
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have stayed here on a number of occasions over the years and the new owners are really making their mark. A good clean room and the meals were excellent. Friendly service from all staff. Every year brings more change and more investment.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed there for two nights, but actually were told on booking that we would be staying at their "sister" hotel three doors up, and have breakfast at the Ardshiel. We got a laughable discount for this. The accommodation in what I can only describe as an annex, chalet type place behind the sister hotel was not at all what we were expecting. The main problems were: very small room, no wardrobe and if you used the luggage stand you couldn't open the door properly. The rooms had very heavy doors that slammed shut, so we heard everyone come in at various times of the night (and morning). The shower had poor pressure and temperature fluctuated constantly. I think the rain was heavier than the shower. The bathroom sink drained very slowly and if you wanted hot water from the tap the water pressure dwindled to a trickle. Toilet bags had to be kept on the floor as there was no shelf or table. We had an evening meal there one night and were unfortunate enough to experience a power cut and fire alarm Not the owners fault I admit, but my main meal arrived in two parts (half way through main dish when veg arrived) and once I had finished my meal, my husbands meal arrived. We were given the wrong wine, when there was only one rose wine listed on the wine list. No apology from owners, no discount on meal or offer of anything for what I can only call an expensive disaster. The breakfast was lovely and the waitress both mornings friendly and welcoming, although we had to wait both mornings for a table to be set. They could do with some background music in the dining room to drown out whistling from kitchen. All in all not worth the money we paid for either the accommodation or the dinner. If you like whisky, there is a very impressive display and gantry, but I feel totally ripped off. Next time I will book a week abroad for the same money.

Room Tip: Do not accept accommodation in "sister" hotel as you are put in an annex at the back of th...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank rhonajHamilton
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Unable to walk, my golfing holiday was heading toward the rough until I arrived at the Ardshiel. Flora took me to A&E, and picked me up. Restricted to my room, Pauline bought an endless supply of tea, with cake and biscuits - not to mention meals. nce mobile I could not have been looked after any bettert The staff were excellent; the food, beer and whisky great; and help always offered - all with the comfort of home. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Campbeltown
Argyll Arms Hotel
#3 of 19 in Campbeltown
The Ugadale Hotel & Cottages
The Ugadale Hotel & Cottages
#1 of 1 in Machrihanish

Been to Ardshiel Hotel? Share your experiences!