Argyll Arms Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Saddell House(Saddell)
View Hotel
Gigha Hotel(Isle of Gigha)
Villa Farmhouse(Cushendun)
  • Free Internet
White Hart Hotel(Port Ellen)
View Hotel
All reviewsold buildingdecor is datedlarge roomseen better daysshower roomgood nights sleepcooked to perfectionbreakfast was excellentvalcereal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 15, 2010

Just like to say thanks to Val & Peter for making me feel welcome. Have stayed at the Argyll many times and have always found the staff and managament extremely friendly. Merry Xmas & Happy new Year to you all.

Jim

Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2009

went to a wedding receptoin staff upstairs very nice owner most unpleasant man i have ever met.asked for 2 bottles wine he brought out small bottles when i asked him for 70 cl bottles he told me to make up my fn mind i will never set foot in this godforsaken hole again.rooms tatty carpet filthy wallpaper dark and dingy.dont touch it with a bargepole

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank mojo044
Reviewed September 28, 2009

My friend and I were on a trip to Campbelltown on our motorbikes. Due to an unfair negative review, we chose to stay in another hotel.However the Argyle Arms Hotel was recommended to us for good food. We paid a visit and met Valentina.She was very sociable and made us feel very welcome. The dining room was fresh and clean and the staff were very friendly, the food was well presented hot and fresh.After the meal my friend and I returned to the bar for more entertaining conversation with Valentina.
We are returning early next year and definately plan to stay in the Argyl Arms Hotel.
The message to you all is dont let unfair negative reviews put you off, go see for yourself

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2009

Having just spent one night in this dark and murky hotel I'm just grateful it was not for any longer. It has to be said that the staff were very pleasant apart from the grumpy old guy that was on reception at night (most unpleasant). Breakfast was excellent and we also had some light snacks on the evening we arrived which was enjoyable and good value. Although I was not ecpecting the Ritz I certainly did not think it would be so dilapidated and would prefer not to have to stay again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank GlasgowCityEastZena
Reviewed March 25, 2009

Stayed at the Argyll arms hotel with 2 friends for 3 nights, Found the hotel quite easily but what en eyesore when we walked through the front entrance. The hotel is VERY VERY dated. We Visited the hotel in the summer of 2003 & were not very happy, but after reading the trip advisor comment from the new owner (Mrs Wemys) which clearly states that they have spent a SUBSTANTIAL amount of money on updating the hotel, I do not see any difference to the hotel in the slightest. The rooms are exactly the same, though the cleaners do work hard to keep the rooms clean.
The wallpaper & carpets are old & worn out. The dining room is very nice but the carpet is in much need of repair!
Food was very nice but the menu is also in much need of updating, I feel the chefs may be creative but are not been given the chace to shine due to the style of the menu, It does not have any unique dishes or something different for people to try.
Staff were very friendly & helpfull, but it is not a good sight to have a cleaner standing at reception for the duration of our evenings chatting to the waitresses, stinking of smoke & drinking juice.
Nice place but a lick of paint & a bit of understanding would go a long way.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends