“Food good”

Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Campbeltown
Cuisines: American, Scottish
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Upscale but casual dining featuring seafood, steaks, salads, and many chef's features in a comfortable dining environment. Fine wines, beers, and other beverages available.
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Really nice place to eat .food good loads on your plate ,quick and efficient with the service would recommend

1  Thank Catherine C
There are newer reviews for The Harbourview Grille

Reviewed August 6, 2014

went in for lunch after being their 4 months earlier and was looking forward to the large portion of mussels I had been served at our last visit. waiting staff very unfriendly. drinks served without ice and slice and left to pour myself. less than half the amount of mussels served to previous visit, felt dish was very over priced and not worth the money. felt very uncomfortable and unwelcome...will NOT be back!

Greg S, Manager at The Harbourview Grille, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Hi Alison,

As always, we appreciate your taking time to tell us about your experience at the Harbourview Grille. I am very disappointed that you and your friends did not enjoy your food or receive the kind of service that we strive and expect to provide. I can't tell you how hard we work on both of those areas.

Our highly trained staff (in both the service and culinary areas), as well as our on-duty managers, are trained to react immediately if someone reports that they are not enjoying their food -- or even if they just think that someone may not be enjoying their food. One of our 15 core service principles would have been applied in either case and appropriate measures taken. I have interviewed the staff and read the manager logs for the date of your visit and cannot find that there were any complaints or comments of dissatisfaction made to our staff during that entire day. I assure you that if we had been able to detect your dissatisfaction, we would have bent over backwards to make sure that anything not to your liking was corrected.

The Harbourview Grille is a very busy restaurant but great care is given to every dish that leaves the kitchen. For some reason, your dissatisfaction went undetected, so we can only apologize and hope you will visit us again, at which time I am quite sure you will have a much more positive experience. In conclusion, I would like to urge you and all guests to feel free to speak to our staff anytime you are not completely satisfied. Our goal is to make sure that everyone leaves our restaurant 100% happy.

Greg Sherwood

Reviewed August 2, 2014

We visited the restaurant in late July 2014 the overall surroundings were very nice the staff were excellent however the food was a little disappointing
I had the steak and although the portion sizes were more than adequate the quality was not much better than I would have expected in a beefeater/Toby carvary
Overall ok but I wouldn't go out my way to go back

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I went here with my family when they visited me in Campbeltown while I was on placement here. The setting is ideal - looking out over the harbour and Campbeltown Loch. Our dinner was superb. I highly recommend the 'World Famous' Mach Dunes Nachos - spicy tortilla chips with haggis smothered in cheese. The half portion is a starter and if you don't have a big appetite (luckily, I do) then there is plenty in the half portion to share between two. I then had Haddock and chips, which was one of the best fish and chips I've had anywhere. Although the menu is a little pricey, it is good food in a nice setting. The only downside is if you stay on after your meal, they turned the air conditioning up full so it started to get a bit chilly. Restaurants tend to do this to get people out. Luckily we had layers we could put on and we were able to enjoy the remainder of our wine before leaving. Our server (Gabor) was really friendly and the service was excellent. Great restaurant - just remember to bring layers if you're planning to stay!

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

On our first night in Campbelltown we decided to go here for dinner. We took a look at the menu hanging outside the restaurant and decided this would suit us well although it did seem a little expensive. When we came in we could choose where we wanted to sit as it wasn't very busy yet. We decided to have a starter and a main course because we were hungry. We also ordered a glass of wine and a lager which we could both taste beforehand. The beer was room temperature which was weird but turned out to be served that way, much to the waitress's surprise because she couldn't believe that it wasn't cold. We ended up ordering a cold beer instead. As a starter we had goat's cheese on focaccia and half a portion of nachos. Both were absolutely delicious! We really enjoyed our starters. Our main courses came rather quick after having finished our starters which was a shame because we weren't really ready for it yet. We both had a burger and chips for a main course and it came on a big plate loaded with chips and a huge burger! Portion sizing people! I would never have been able to finish this plate of food, even if I hadn't had a starter... but the food, however much it was, was delicious. Really good chips and a great burger. We each had a glass of local whisky (longrow and Hazelburn) for dessert, both were delicious. Overall it was great, delicious food and good service. I would mind portion sizes if I were the owner of the restaurant, it really was too much and there could be more time between courses. But again, the food was great!