The Royal Hotel
The Wellhouse(Campbeltown)
Priceline
Carradale(Campbeltown)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe black sheepsuperior roomsister hoteloverlooking the harbourlovely hotelcullen skinkmachrihanish dunesreception staffhigh standardhaggis nachoslocal stafffine hotelcorner roomfirst classugadale hotelfirst floorplenty of free parking
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed at this lovely hotel situated at the end of the main street, and looking on to the famous Campbeltown Loch.

The staff were really helpful, the food was delicious and the actual bedroom was one of the nicest we have stayed in in the UK!The walk in shower was a dream, they supplied bath robes however they were too luxurious to walk about in. It was sheer luxury.

If you want a change from the hotel try the lovely cafe opposite the tourist information for the best fish we have tasted in a long time.

If you have an extra day or so why not take the kintyre ferry (no vehicles but do take bikes!) over to Ballycastle in Northern Ireland. £60 per return and well worth a visit. The pilot was a wealth of information on the entire trip. Go on Go on Go on!!

Room Tip: Room 111 has triple aspect.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed in the cottages in Macrihanish for two days of awesome golf. Our team dinner was held in the restaurant of the Royal preceded by a few pints of my favourite ale, Black Sheep in the hotel pub style bar! Right up my street. Dinner was in a kind of private annex room of the hotel restaurant and the menu, both wine and food had something for us all. Service was polite yet noticeably friendly and welcoming, and the food was done to a tee!. Would recommend it to those travelling to the Mull of Kintyre. See you next year!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed for two nights at this excellent hotel. Our bedroom was gorgeous, spacious and had a lovely en suite. The reception staff were courteous and friendly from check in to check out and nothing was a bother. The only slight criticism would be the breakfast I didn't like the self service coffee machine, the fact that you had to make your own toast and the fruit was unappealing particularly the bananas which were green. I would have given this hotel four and a half stars if I could give a half star as a result of this but couldn't give four stars as this was a really excellent hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed here on business for one night, but I certainly intend to return for a longer stay with my wife. My room was very comfortable and a good size. The shower was spacious and allowed me at 6'4" to stand underneath. The hotel staff were all friendly and attentive and plainly keen to give a good service. The food in the restaurant was very good indeed and the menu had a good choice. I liked my breakfast and the range on offer seemed fine to me. The only thing i found odd in a hotel that clearly is aiming for a high standard, was to find that tea and coffee are produced using the same machine i regularly find in conference rooms at work. Now it maybe that being reminded of time spent in meetings at work didn't help dispose me well to these machines, but I did think it a shame when everything else had met much higher standards. But, it is a minor quibble. Well worth staying here

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I recently visited The Royal Hotel in Campbeltown with friends for dinner whilst on a golfing holiday in Machrihanish.

The staff in both the pub and restaurant were very friendly and the service was excellent. The beer quality in the pub was superb and the food we had to eat in the restaurant (steak) was exceptional.

I was very impressed with the hotel and intend to return with my wife later in the year.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends