“Great dining experience”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Scottish, International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Food was incredible and well prepared. Options on dinner menu were plentiful. Nice view of the Loch from the dining room. Service was outstanding. Very enjoyable experience. Highly recommend eating there.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had dinner here during our last visit to Campbeltown. Lori made us really welcome and after drinks in the beautiful lounge we both enjoyed an excellent meal by candlelight. We choose the steakpie followed by sticky toffee pudding. It was a really delicious dinner and was served by an extremely friendly and efficient young waitress.
Next morning we were really impressed with the breakfast choices which included porridge and huge bowl of fresh fruit salad. My wife really enjoyed her smoked haddock with poached eggs and I had a fantastic full Scottish breakfast including haggis! We can't wait to come back! David and Nicky from Cornwall.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

we went here for dinner and it was the worst dinner we have ever had...i had the brie for starters,it was off.. the smell was really bad ,i told the waitress ,she came back to say the chief was sorry..(but still charged me for this)..the stake pie..was to die for ..IF YOU DID NOT WANT TO LIVE...it had a ton of salt in it the puff pastry had no puff left...pheewww..and nor did i when i finished..well i say finnished i hot footed it out of there...go me...will never return sorry......

3  Thank bbs33
Lori S, Owner at Lochside Restaurant Craigard House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

We are very sorry you did not enjoy your meal on this occasion. This is a most unusual occurrence, as we receive lots of compliments for our food. Unfortunately, I was not told that you had mentioned the Brie was ripe. Although Brie is generally believed to be improved by ripeness, obviously not everyone shares this view. I am sorry that you did not mention your dissatisfaction at the time, as it would have given me an opportunity to offer some recompense. Perhaps if you call to book another meal we can improve the situation.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I searched for restaurants in Cambeltown and this one did not come up, perhaps because I had no idea the place had a separate name from the hotel, it is only the hotel dining room really, so my review has been posted on the main Hotel listing on Tripadvisor – not going to repeat myself so check it out there.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Enjoyed a lovely meal at this beautifully renovated hotel. Well worth a visit.

C. Burrows

Lori S, Owner at Lochside Restaurant Craigard House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Many thanks indeed for your very kind review. We are pleased you enjoyed the style and ambience of the hotel and restaurant - and that the food was to your taste. We offer a varied a la carte menu, and daily changing specials highlighting the wonderful local seafood and produce to be found in Kintyre. We very much hope to welcome you again, next time you visit the area.