“Culture and history in abundance!”

Craigard House Hotel
Ranked #8 of 19 Campbeltown B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I recently visited Campbeltown on a business trip and was booked into this wonderfully converted mansion house. On arrival i was greeted with a warm welcome and sumptious breakfast, Which i thoroughly enjoyed. on entering my room i was pleasantly surprised, I found it to be spacious, comfortable and rather luxurious. Ater meeting the owners Roger and Lori, whom I found to be very inviting, I sat down to a wholesome meal, which again was delicious. Overall I cannot fault this lovely place and if I was to visit Campbeltown again I would be certain to stay at the Craigard!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank steven m
Beanie100, Owner at Craigard House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay here at Craigard. We know that your work takes you to many places, and are pleased you found our hotel welcoming and homely, and the food to your taste. We look forward to the pleasure of your company in the future. Many thanks for this kind review.

There are newer reviews for Craigard House Hotel

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Stayed here whilst in Campbeltown on business and booked through Laterooms! Glad I did!

Very welcoming reception by the lady owner, and offered fresh milk for tea/coffee in my room. I stayed in Room 9, and was impressed by the quality of decor and furniture. The provision of free wifi throughout the hotel was an added bonus too. Plenty of towels, dressing gown there if you want to use it and a large selection of toiletries too.

Guided into the lounge where given the menu, I was able to relax with a drink whilst my meal was being prepared. Sadly the Scottish weather did not allow me to enjoy what must be breathtaking views over Campbeltown Bay from the panoramic windows in the restaurant, perhaps a summer re-visit might be in order!

Food was of the highest quality, and the "house" Merlot was superb! Breakfast the next morning was of similar quality!

Check out was handled by the waitress from the Restaraunt and was handled proficiently. During my stay, any members of staff were courteous and very professional in their attitude towards me and could not be faulted in any way!

I will be back!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert M

We are delighted you enjoyed your brief stay. We are always happy to offer fresh milk for the rooms, and know that the provision of free WiFi in rooms and public areas is an important requirement for many guests. We look forward to the possibility of welcoming you again soon, and thank you for this much appreciated review.

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

I have no time to get into detail, but will never return, I am not happy to please, just so disappointed, staff so rude, never experience anything like it before, improvement needed in every area, I felt intimidated , I was so happy when my stay was over,

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Toriu
Beanie100, Owner at Craigard House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

You were part of the same group as the previous reviewer. You and a group of colleagues were booked into our hotel by a booking agency. Your behaviour was such that we had cause to remonstrate with you directly. We have also complained to your employers.

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

By reading previous reviews I can totally agree very arrogant and rude staff would never recommend this place to anyone food was rubbish booked breakfast to be 5 minutes late to be told it was finished and I wouldn't be getting anything so more money out of pocket also really nasty smell of fish in the rooms can't locate the smell halls smell of pee don't know what class if people are there but honesty disgusted will NEVER visit again

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Weeman2013

Unfortunately, the unpleasantness of your review reflects your personality. You and a group of colleagues were booked into our hotel by a booking agency. Your behaviour was such that we had cause to remonstrate with you directly. We have also complained to your employers.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I booked this hotel as it was offering a good deal on one of the last minute sites and I'm glad that I did. Lovely atmosphere, like staying in a private house in some ways. Lounge was very pleasant to sit in and read a book whilst my dinner was prepared. Quality of the food was amazing. Very tasty. Friendly staff. Beautiful views out the huge windows. And the bill was less than half of what I would pay in Edinburgh for a similar meal.
Bedroom was fine, plenty towels, toiletries and I was pleased to find a dressing gown, a hair dryer and an iron when I opened the wardrobe door. Also impressed with the step by step guide to get the bedroom tv into satilite mode.
Would stay again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: My room (6) had a boring view view but was very quiet. And that is way more important to me.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 24, 2013

we went to this wonderful place called Campbeltown with 8 golfing friends; our stay was super, and Lori from the Craigard house hotel did all she could to make our stay the most enjoyable. we stayed in ths cosy hotel where they serve excellent diner at night ( compliments to the chef) and where the staff is very friendly and helpfull
we'll be back!

Room Tip: go for room nr 4, you'll love the view!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was my 2nd stay at this hotel, having stayed there not long after it opened, and I experienced a bit of a mixed bag. I arrived after 9pm and, on arrival, was met by the Chef in the car park to ask if I wanted to eat in the restaurant (he had stayed on) which was a nice touch. The owner gave me my key, small talk not a strength me thinks, and directed me to my room which although large and clean was in the 'annex' of the hotel where everything felt a little bit lower in quality (shower too hot or extremely hot!) than the main building. Breakfast in the morning was excellent, wide range of both hot and cold, and the waitress was attentive and very pleasant. Overall this hotel is good, but could be better, and I would stay again but would ask for a different room and would have dinner in the restaurant as a way of thanking the friendly and thoughtful chef.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Campbeltown
Argyll Arms Hotel
#2 of 19 in Campbeltown
The Ugadale Hotel & Cottages
The Ugadale Hotel & Cottages
#1 of 1 in Machrihanish

Been to Craigard House Hotel? Share your experiences!