Tripadvisor

“Lovely Lunch”
Review of Pavilion Cafe

Pavilion Cafe
Ranked #1 of 59 Restaurants in Montrose
Description: Fabulous Cafe serving fresh food, all made on the premises. We offer up a daily changing variety of goods Former Victorian Bowling Pavilion which has been converted into a sympathetic café set in lovely gardens. Dog area.. Fresh Friendly Fabulous
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited the Pavilion for lunch with my elderly Mother In Law. They couldn't be more friendly, helpful and accommodating. Food as always was so tasty and well presented.

Date of visit: January 2020
rosemaryf581, Owner at Pavilion Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks very much for taking to submit your lovely review.
Glad your visit was enjoyable. Always good to see you

Write a reviewReviews (369)

Reviewed January 14, 2020

Quick and friendly service and always high quality. Definitely worth a visit if you are in Montrose and would recommend the lunchtime specials.

Date of visit: January 2020
rosemaryf581, Owner at Pavilion Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Many thanks for your lovely and positive review
A small independent business like mine really relies on my fantastic customers and receiving great feedback makes all the hard work really worth while.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

Me and my husband went on Saturday on the way home to Aberdeen.Someone told us about this place.Well what can I say small place a lady spoke no welcome all she said was have you booked. We both had the quiche so thick cold and was tasteless.the lady no thank you or please went to pay so expensive for what we got no thank you where is the customer service will not return .

Date of visit: January 2020

As the owner of Pavilion Café I am very disappointed that your visit to my café was not a good experience for you.
I was working on Saturday and it was very busy with most of the tables booked out for lunch, this is probably why you were asked if you had a booking!
I have questioned my staff regarding any complaints about the food on Saturday and there were none, so I am surprised that you never complained about your food and sent it back if it was cold and tasteless !!!
Most of my customer reviews are about the great service and friendliness of the staff. I can only apologise for your experience and use your criticism to my advantage.

Reviewed November 23, 2019

I have just enjoyed my second visit to The Pavilion - it is going to go to top of my list for lunch outings. The menu is imaginative, with many options having real eye appeal too. I liked the moderate portions, especially the small but tasty dish of creamy coleslaw. I enjoyed the avocado and hummus open sandwich with red pepper (had a special name but I can't remember). This had colour and flavour that sang out in a complimentary way. My friend had the Chicken flatbread, that looked really enticing, fresh and tasty, and with nice thin base - which suits my appetite and will be ordered whenever it is on. I didn't have coffee and not a cake eater but what I saw looked fresh and tasty. And to cap that, parking seems easy very nearby. I will most certainly be back, and recommend to friends.

Date of visit: November 2019
1  Thank Carol S
Rosemary F, Owner at Pavilion Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2019

What a fantastic review. Thank you so much for taking time to post such fantastic and positive words.
Look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed November 16, 2019 via mobile

Used to visit Rosie’s Bakehouse in Brechin for when we were up for the football (if you can call it that)
Heard that she had sold up and opened a new establishment in Montrose so could not resist the temptation as we were in area.
A warm welcome by Rosie and staff and a delightful friendly ambience in the cafe.
We had the spinach omelette which was simply divine...the cakes and pastries on show were hard to resist and did not disappoint...In all a truly wonderful experience from the proprietor who really knows how to run a business.
We travel up from Leeds three or four times a year to see Brechin City and since Montrose is in the vicinity the pavilion cafe will be added to the Itinerary every time.

David...Gus...Tony
Leeds

Date of visit: November 2019
1  Thank HuggyLeeds
Rosemary F, Owner at Pavilion Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2019

Great review, and it was fantastic to see you all again.
Love my little café and its customers and was blown away that you had tracked me down to Montrose.
Look forward to your next visit when you come to watch Montrose play!!!!