“Not too bad”

The Little Mermaid
Ranked #40 of 48 Restaurants in Montrose
Cuisines: British
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I ate here towards the end of March 2013. When I read the comments I almost decided not to - but I was hungy and thought that I would give it a try. I needn't have worried as the fish and chips were perfectly ok. They were not outstanding, but certainly not as bad as some of the comments make out. The service I recieved was very good.

1  Thank benjay274
There are newer reviews for The Little Mermaid

Reviewed November 30, 2012

The little mermaid was one of the chip shops around but having tried it recently i must say it has gone severely down hill and i dont think i would buy from there again

2  Thank Gemma M
Reviewed November 14, 2012

got a fish supper for take away on monday, it was awful. fish was burnt and soggy because it was full of oil and chips were hard cold an refried. Wouldnt recommend.

1  Thank neeta T
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Never before have |I been served such awful chips
Hard and dry and far from freshly cooked.
This has got to be the worst fish and chip shop in Montrose

1  Thank littlereddevilag
Reviewed October 1, 2012

When I am in the Montrose area I always go to the Little Mermaid. It is a very good fish and chip shop with both a takeaway and a number of tables where you can sit and eat. The quality of the fish and chips is as good as I have had anywhere. The portions are large too. Service is friendly and quick. Prices are very reasonable.

It is located at one end of Montrose high street, at the opposite end from the church as I recall.

The only other restaurant that serves fish and chips which is as good is Clatterin Brig which is on the Cairn O Mount road a few miles north of Montrose.