“Break-away”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Montrose
Bathgate, United Kingdom
“Break-away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

This was very good value. Good menu. Large comfortable room. Fair sized bathroom. Hot water, fluffy white towels. Changed daily. Staff helpful. Great that iron board and iron available in room. Coffee/tea facilities and replenished as required.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
ParkHotelMontrose, Front Office Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us recently.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to The Park Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Forfar
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

Met up with friends at the Park Hotel to have lunch.
Table was nicely set . Bar attendant took drinks order without a smile of welcome. His face never broke into a smile even when he set down the drinks! Food order was taken from the Specials Menu and was on the table in 5 minutes. Consequently the chips were dry and overdone, the scampi was overcooked and the chicken dishes although moist with gravy were obviously in a warming oven for a considerable time. Dessert was not brilliant either!
The waitress never once smiled and was rather abrupt especially when I asked for a clean fork!
This hotel used to be such a popular place to eat but now, having changed hands several times, I'm afraid I will not hurry back!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Avril S
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

The hotel it's self is lovely. Also we had a great meal and all the other staff where great. It only takes one person to destroy your weekend. This is not a cheep travel lodge and i do expect my room to be clean. That means clean towels and a clean bin. So when there was not I only asked if she could clean them. Then to be giving a nothing but cheek for this women that's old enough to know better. Shocking please make sure that your chambermaids know how to clean a room. I will not be back again. Very disappointed!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jane M
ParkHotelMontrose, Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Mrs M

I am sorry that your stay with us was disappointing due to your experience with one of our Housekeepers. The employee concerned has worked with us for several years and this is quite out of character.
She remembers being asked to replace your towels and empty the bin but assures me that she did not mean to come across as cheeky and if you got that impression, she has asked me to pass on her apologies.
I hope that you will return to us in the future as you seem to be quite happy with everything else during your stay and we would really appreciate the opportunity to show you that this was a one-off occurence.
I would like to add that we wish you had told us about this before you departed in order that we could offer a more personal apology.
Brechin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Just had another magnificent meal at the Park Hotel which could not be faulted. Thanks to Grace and all her staff for a memorable meal for my grandaughter on her 18th birthday. Staff gave top class service and Grace was her usual helpful self, nothing was to much trouble. Thanks again. Jan

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review Jan.

We are delighted that your Grand-daughter enjoyed her 18th birthday meal with us.

We look forward to seeing you soon.
teesside
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

One of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in.
The staff are nice and polite, but the hotel is shocking,
My room was dirty stains on the carpet,bed throws haven't been cleaned or changed in years,the bath room had a horrid smell of damp, the bath was stained the sink was cracked, the corridor on level 3 smelled of damp, the chairs in the bar and restaurant were covered in stains. The hotel requires a full make over and a reprint. Try to find some were else.

Stayed March 2014
Dear Sir

We have had a problem recently with a burst heating pipe (currently being repaired). The source of the leak has proved difficult to pinpoint but before it was, it meant that part of the hotel did indeed have a rather unpleasent damp smell despite being sprayed regularly with air fresheners.
Our carpets and soft furnishings are on a rolling programme of maintenance and cleaning plus any items that require immediate attention are dealt with as and when required.
Last year, we started replacing bathrooms and to date have completed around 20% of them.
I wish you had told us of your complaints at the time you stayed with us as I would know which room you stayed in.
We also have a guest questionnaire in every room but going by your comments, you did not complete one as I have not seen one recently that raised any of youtr points. In addition, had you told us about it at the time, we may have been able, at the very least, to offer you an alternative room.
I have no problem in discussing a complaint from a guest in person and would much rather I had been given the opportunity to do so.
If you do make a return visit to us and have any issues during your stay, I request that you let us know at the time and we will do our very best to make sure your stay is as comfortable and pleasant as possible.

Manager
Buckie, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here while visiting Montrose for a wedding dance. On arrival, it appeared our double room hadn't been cleaned as there was a cup with half a hot chocolate sitting on the table and a hand towel thrown over the towel rail. I notified the receptionist and we were upgraded straight away. Our room was spacious and warm, but I must say I found the bathroom a little dusty.
The hotel itself is nice, great bar and lounge area. I found the hall area outside our room to be unusually warm but that's me grumbling!
Breakfast was good, all self service except the tea and toast. There was a good selection and it was just what the doctor ordered after a late night. The staff were very helpful and friendly too.

• Stayed March 2014
We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Totally spoiled my weekend being stuck in the coach house has no hotel feeling whatsoever really disappointed love montrose but would not return to the coach house guests should be advised they might get put in the coach house and given the option if they want it or not it was like a hostel with a communal lounge with a dirty leather couch in it but the staff were lovely and the room was clean great location

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear LizM

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay in our Coach House. Without knowing which dates you stayed on, I cannot find out if we had rooms available in the main part of the hotel. Many of our regular guests like the Coach House because it is quiet and it is often specifically requested.
Did you ask reception if we had a room available in the main hotel? It is quite possible that you stayed when we were very busy and all rooms of the type you had booked in the main building were already occupied.
I hope you will return to the hotel but please request a room in the main building and we will do our best to accommodate you.

Regards

The Management Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montrose
Links Hotel
Glenesk Hotel
Glenesk Hotel
#1 of 1 in Edzell
Carnoustie Golf Course Hotel

Been to Park Hotel? Share your experiences!