“Cosy hotel with great staff!”
Review of Park Hotel

Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Montrose
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here while visiting Montrose for a wedding dance. On arrival, it appeared our double room hadn't been cleaned as there was a cup with half a hot chocolate sitting on the table and a hand towel thrown over the towel rail. I notified the receptionist and we were upgraded straight away. Our room was spacious and warm, but I must say I found the bathroom a little dusty.
The hotel itself is nice, great bar and lounge area. I found the hall area outside our room to be unusually warm but that's me grumbling!
Breakfast was good, all self service except the tea and toast. There was a good selection and it was just what the doctor ordered after a late night. The staff were very helpful and friendly too.

• Stayed: March 2014
ParkHotelMontrose, Front Office Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Totally spoiled my weekend being stuck in the coach house has no hotel feeling whatsoever really disappointed love montrose but would not return to the coach house guests should be advised they might get put in the coach house and given the option if they want it or not it was like a hostel with a communal lounge with a dirty leather couch in it but the staff were lovely and the room was clean great location

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
ParkHotelMontrose, Manager at Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear LizM

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay in our Coach House. Without knowing which dates you stayed on, I cannot find out if we had rooms available in the main part of the hotel. Many of our regular guests like the Coach House because it is quiet and it is often specifically requested.
Did you ask reception if we had a room available in the main hotel? It is quite possible that you stayed when we were very busy and all rooms of the type you had booked in the main building were already occupied.
I hope you will return to the hotel but please request a room in the main building and we will do our best to accommodate you.

Regards

The Management Team

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We stopped off here for a quick lunch. We just had the one course, and we all chose the Sri Lankan curry. Really tasty and a good portion.

The restaurant its self is very dated and parts of the hotel (which we saw en-route to reception to pay) were from the late 70's early 80's!

Staff were excellent, would go back

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TJB333333

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

As Aileene put it "it's not 5 star hotel" and she's right.
Rooms are rather small but tidy and kept clean. Whole place is in general kept clean and you can see "cleaning team" in the morning scrubbing and cleaning all over, but hotel itself needs some serious upgrade. It was rather cold and windy these days I was staying at hotel and I had to keep curtains closed, to prevent cold air to come in through airgaps in old sliding windows. Room being on the second floor didn't help being warmer, but once curtains were closed it heated up well.
If there are not many guests in hotel, hot water takes some time to get to shower. Bathroom needs some upgrade as well.
For the price of this hotel, you can get much better place in London or Edinburgh, but being the best place in Montrose, great location and bussines people coming to Montrose keep these prices high.
Bar and restaurant are really good: fair selection of beer, cosy atmosphere and decent food make it pleasant to hang around. Breakfast is ordinary but food fresh.
Now I get to the best part of this place: people.
Worm, nice, helpful team make you want to come back to this place, from Ms. Hilda from front desk, through Night receptionist to girls at the bar and restaurant.
Thank you for making me feel welcomed to your hotel.

Room Tip: If visiting in winter, pick up room at ground floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2014

OK this is no five star hotel but the staff and service are............ After a gruelling day with long hours of travel and rail disruptions the staff at the Park Hotel went out of their way to make the end of the day a good one for me, Nicola on reception kindly contacted booking.com to not charge me if no show due to rail disruption, Manager Alan spoke to me on the phone and assured me if i managed to get there food would be available , but if i remained stranded in Aberdeen they would assist me in getting accommodation in the City, when i arrived lots of warm smiles from Nicola and Mike who carried my case to my room and offered room service despite being late, when i came to the bar to eat, presented me with my first drink on the house courtesy of the Park Hotel due to my stressful day , i have been very fortunate to stay in the best hotels, but the service and staff are a credit to the Park Hotel...... the food was excellent in the bar too. Thank you so much

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

We were delighted to help after you had experienced such a bad day.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We were at The Park Hotel for a
Valentines meal last night. There was no Valentines menu but that didn't bother us. I had the delicious king prawns in garlic butter with a timbale of rice and lovely salad. It was a great starter. I then had the lamb with mustard crust. This was delicious and the veg were cooked to perfection. We finished off with a melt in the mouth homemade cheesecake. The plate was decorated beautifully. The establishment is rather old fashioned and tired looking but the food was fantastic. Will definitely be back and would recommend to anyone.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2014

had my works christmas night out here and the meal was one of the best we have had in a lot of years for value, service, choice and food being roasting hot. it cant be easy to cater for over 100 people and satisfy all needs but the staff at the Park Hotel were outstanding from the minute we arrived nothing was a bother.hotel is spotless and I have been to hotel for a meal with my husband on several occassions and food choices are wide

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montrose
Links Hotel
Carnoustie Golf Course Hotel
Northern Hotel
Northern Hotel
#2 of 2 in Brechin

Been to Park Hotel? Share your experiences!