“Felt like I was there during the period,looking on,my hat off to the family for trying to keep it going”
Review of Glamis Castle

Glamis Castle and Bonnie Dundee Tour from St Andrews
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Glamis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Come and visit the finest castle in Scotland, winner of the best attraction award for the UK 2015. Enjoy the history and spectacle of Glamis Castle. Take a guided tour with one of our expert guides and soak up the atmosphere of a thousand years of history. Browse in our Gift Shop or just pop in for Lunch or Afternoon tea in the Victorian Kitchen Restaurant. There are events all year round so come and have a great day out!
Durban, South Africa
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Loved the feeling whilst doing tour. I felt part of their life by seeing the tapesteies,pictures and collections of vases. Highly recommended

Visited September 2013

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nice visit but busy”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was a nice castle, the grounds a well maintained, but be prepared for crowds. They do guided tours, which some may prefer, though in my case I would rather wander on my own. The group I was in had almost 40 people, so was a bit large. The interior of the castle is well maintained, but the guide's info seems very canned and tailored to the populous. It wasn't a waste of time, or a bad visit, but for not for my taste. Wandering around the grounds is a must, take the time to walk to the walled garden and take the river path back to the castle, it is a beautiful and peaceful walk.

Visited September 2013
Glasgow
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Historic Home”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great informative guided tours, grounds are a bit more 'wild' rather than formal (there is a small Italian Garden), but great to tire out kids by walking around. Great high tea in the restaurant, standard touristy shop & snack huts if your budget can't stretch to the indoor eatery.

Visited June 2013
melbourne
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“A little different”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Knew that this is the Queen's Mum's home but did not appreciate the extent of how much either she or her children, held the house so dear. The exhibits of the house are much more "family" orientated than those of of similar heritage and some of the pieces on display contain very personal thoughts and capture real private moments. A visit will deliver a very "personal" insight into the current monarch 's early family life and her mother's life.

Visited August 2013
Lakeland, Florida
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Highlight of Our Scotland Trip”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I took a Disney escorted trip to Scotland. Our first, to this beautiful country. We visited many wonderful castles, as well as, very nice cities from Edinburgh to the Hebrides. The best part of the trip, for me, was this castle. We received some instruction in archery on the beautiful grounds. It was a lot of fun and I actually hit the target 3 times. Then, we toured the interior of the castle. Simply gorgeous!!! The interior tour is well worth the admission price. However, the extra special event for me, was walking around back of the castle and seeing the amazing Highland cattle. There were several cattle, including a calf, laying under a tall tree. I had been on the look out for these cattle all over Scotland. Finally, there they were. What a treat! They are different from any other breed of cattle. As we left the castle, we saw an entire herd of Highland cattle. Everyone was thrilled to see them. What a great trip!!!!

Visited June 2013