“A Local Favourite”

Ranked #3 of 56 Restaurants in Forfar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2017

We have visited the Strathmore Arms many times. The food is great, the staff are helpful and there is a nice atmosphere in the establishment.

Reviewed August 1, 2017

This is one of my all time favourite places to go for a great menu and superb food allied to very helpful staff. My usual problem is what to have as there are so many great dishes I want to have. There is no doubt I will be back.

Reviewed July 4, 2017

Popped by for lunch and as the bar area was fully occupied we were seated in a lounge area.Our feeling was it was like stepping back in time as the decor was rather dated.Lighting wasn't great and Christmas decorations were still on show in July!?Service was efficient and the 2 ladies waiting were pleasant.Our food-a steak pie and haddock were satisfactory -tasty enough and in decent enough portions.

1  Thank ewencrichton
Reviewed May 16, 2017 via mobile

Our first visit to this Inn, had a superb lunch with friends and we enjoyed the food we selected from a good choice offered on the menu. Everything we had was totally home made, fresh, well presented and very tasty.
Our aim was to have a long leisurely lunch with our friends and at no time were we rushed or hurried by the serving staff.
The venue was easy to find, offered plenty parking and very traditional inside.
Would definitely return.

1  Thank ROBERT S
Reviewed April 8, 2017

I was impressed by the choice available on the menu was difficult to decide as l would have liked a bit of everything! I had the smoked haddock filo for starter which was absolutely delicious then battered local haddock for a main course. I had to leave some as l wanted to sample the desserts as by this time l had seen some delectable looking cheesecake ordered by other diners. I ordered pavlova with blueberries wow is the only way l would describe it was gooey and soft in the middle and the blueberries were not too sweet just right in the compote. I don't often see real pavlova in restaurants usually just a meringue nest which is not the same thing. Also the staff were very helpful and friendly would definitely recommend a visit will go back when I am in the area.

1  Thank 411angela74