“Lovely Lunch”

Osnaburg Bar Limited
Ranked #16 of 56 Restaurants in Forfar
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Osnaburg is where a pub crashes into a restaurant. An excellent gastro pub in which food and drink are treated with equal reverence.Our bar is a warm, relaxed and comfortable environment located beside Asda and Forfar Swimming Pool.You will find something for all tastes in our eclectic menu which ranges from Cajun Chicken to our famous home made quarter pounder burger. We source locally an
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Finding ourselves child free during the day for the first time in 12 years, my husband and I decided to try out the Os for lunch as we had read and heard excellent reviews. We were not disappointed. We were shown to our seats and informed what the soup of the day was and what pasta dish they were serving. The menu has choices for all tastes and we could have picked anything from a sandwich to steak pie. My husband chose the Cajun burger and I chose the cheese salad sandwich. We were advised that as the burger was hand made and relatively thick, it would take around 20 minutes to cook. Our food looked and tasted wonderful. The portions were extremely generous (we had prepared ourselves for this!) and we both needed only a light evening meal as a result. Everything was fresh and delicious (my bugbear is salad that is past it's best). The bread was thick and soft. My husband really enjoyed his burger and all the accompanying relishes. We both had chips and they were amazing! Homemade, thick and crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. The pub was fairly busy when we were in with a group of men having coffee/business meeting, groups of friends old and young having lunch and a few people in just for a pint. It was very relaxed and the owner was at ease and coped well with everyone. I would heartily recommend The Osnaberg to you all.

2  Thank Arabgirlie

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Went for tea and had the fajitas,and the chicken casserole for 2,food very good but lacks any atmosphere and could be doing with being updated,but not bad at all.

Osnaburg, Owner at Osnaburg Bar Limited, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Many thanks for your review! I completely agree that the place needs upgraded! This is due to be completed in the week commencing 11tg November:-)
Hopefully see you when the renovations are complete!
Karen

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Had lunch in the bar today. Holy cow! Portions were massive and delicious, really good daily specials, service was great, food came quickly, prices very reansonable indeed. Can't fault the place - it's even dog-friendly.

Hopefully see you when the renovations are complete!
Karen

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I came here a couple of weeks ago with my wife and 2 young kids on the strength of the other reviews. We really enjoyed our meal, and will definitely go back.

The Osnaburg is a pub so you can expect it to feel like one! Food is served in the wee lounge next door to the bar. The menu was varied, and we all chose something different. I was more than happy with my burger but as always ended up wishing I had ordered what my wife chose as it was brilliant (chicken). Kids both cleared their plates, and the service was with a smile.

My only criticisms would be that there was no children's menu, but we were given small portions from the main menu so no big deal. Also, the toilets were definitely pub bogs so my wee girl wasn't keen on peeling in the gents cubicle like she normally does as it was a bit rough... Which happily meant that my wife was lumbered with the toilet duties! I suppose that will all be upgraded as the reputation of the food generates more income. We'll be back soon :-)

Reviewed September 26, 2013

What a nightmare!

I entered this place earlier this evening around 5.30pm to see what only looked like a bar full of older guys all having a beer. No sign of a menu in the bar/snug so i walked through to the area behind the bar that looked like it would a lounge area to find that sorta abandoned & unused.

The girl behind the bar didnt look interested in helping me with a menu so after waiting around for a few minutes till she finished her conversation i just left.

Pub smells a bit of auld men & urine, so probably a good choice not to eat in this place in the end.

3  Thank nightfireuk2001
Osnaburg, Owner at Osnaburg Bar Limited, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Dear sir, I'm sorry you didn't actually have the chance to experience the restaurant before making this review. The bar staff behind the bar are usually excellent to have informed u that our chef is on 5days off for a holiday this week. Jean is a mature member of staff and has worked her for 22 years and I'm sure she would have helped you!

Hopefully I will see you again so that a review can be made on the actual restaurant as opposed to a fleeting encounter.

Karen Kennedy