“first class”
Review of 88 degrees Cafe - CLOSED

88 degrees Cafe
Reviewed April 28, 2013

went with my wife after been to 88 in kirriemuir. The menu was quite extensive for a small cafe, with a good variety of what I like. .The food order is taken at the counter, which I quite like, as you can see the food that is on offer. I ordered Roast Beef platter, The beef was freshly cut from a joint and roasted to perfection, I had 3 large quite thick slices served with a salad, and 4 slices of buttered ciabatta .First class cut of beef After we had wonderful Coffee freshly made with home baked cakes. The prices were spot on, the food was well worth it and we will be coming back

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We visited this cafe on Sunday both for a coffee and to buy Serrano ham which we had read about on The List page on the internet. We arrived at 3.10pm and were advised when we entered the cafe that they were sorry they were shut. No explananation for the early closure was offered. The opening hours on the window state that they are open till 4 pm on a Sunday as does the entry on The List site. We were advised that the branch in Kirriemuir was open if we were going that way. We weren't! Not surprisingly, we will not be back.

1  Thank Sairfecht
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I visited this new Cafe for the first time, with my wife on Friday 15th March 2013, having read about it in local press. On arrival I was taken back by how small the Cafe is, with quite limited seating. However we got a nice seat by the window. The menu was quite extensive for a small cafe, with a good variety of what I like. I also like the walls being used as the menu which was chalked on, although paper menus were on the tables.The food order is taken at the counter, which I quite like, as you can see the food that is on offer. I ordered Roast Beef platter, The beef was freshly cut from a joint and roasted to perfection, I had 3 large quite thick slices served with a salad, and 4 slices of buttered ciabatta and a small pot of cous cous on a wooden platter. Very good value. After we had wonderful Coffee freshly made with home baked cakes. The prices were perhaps slightly above average but the food was well worth it and we will be coming back a nice addition to the Cafes in Forfar.