“Awful”
Review of Frostys Fun House

Frostys Fun House
Ranked #2 of 3 Fun & Games in Forfar
More attraction details
Owner description: Frostys funhouse is a kids large ice themed soft play area at the weekends , which caters for children from birth to 12 years , we also provide parties from play parties , shoot out parties and sleepover parties.we also have a cafe serving delicious freshly made food and drinks.Frostys nursery runs from Monday to Friday for children aged three to five years full time and part time places available .fully experienced managers and early years practitioners.
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Absolutly awful place. Over priced to get in, foods not good, staff stand around on their phones and on the phone while serving me food. They have real tools to play with, I mean come on, my 1 and a half year old runny about with screw drivers and plyers???? Also in the play kitchen there are real knifes and forks.

Will not be taking my children here again.

1  Thank 370Kevinl
Steve R, Owner at Frostys Fun House, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

As Frostys is now running as a childrens nursery Monday to Friday we invited local groups along to come and have a look , the tools are requested by care inpectorate to give children real life situations and parents should have been supervising their children which clearly did not happen ! I would also like to point out these people were invited free of charge did not pay any entry fee and no food was for sale ,anyone that would like to come and view our new nursery please feel free and I'm sure you will be delighted with the our staff and our equipment .

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Arrived at the “Fun House” about 1500 hours on 12/12/2013 only to walk in the door to be told they were closing…Checked the website before going which said they were open until 1800 hours. Obviously couldn’t be bothered because it was quiet. Pathetic!

6  Thank johnjamesjohn
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Arrived at frostys during angus term time and decided to use their term time deal. Despite being in angus was informed that because Aberdeenshire and Perthshire where still on holiday the deal did not apply. So we had to pay full admission fee. A member of our group arrived 45minutes later than the rest of us and was made to pay £2 for her 3month old baby even though the website clearly states that under 1's are free and the two 8month olds within in our group weren't charged.
We are a large group of friends (5mums 7children)that circulate weekly if not more the soft play centres in the area, we have never been charged for an under 1 before. Also frostys is a lot smaller and has a lot less to offer children yet is more expensive than any other soft play centre we attend. I feel overall that due to the lack of custom we were taken advantage of, so we won't be returning.

2  Thank LinsayJKA
Steve R, Owner at Frostys Fun House, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

As Frostys is based centrally to angus we did not feel it fair to continue baby and toddlers during the Perth and Angus holidays as other customers from other areas wished to visit with older kids , the group in question arrived at 10.50 and paid £4.50 for 1 child over the age of 1 three babies under one were not charged as a good will gesture normally under 1s pay £2.00 if not accompanied by a paying child, the other member of the group arrived 11/2 hrs later and was charged £2 as she did not have any other children with her and did not mention at entry she was with the group. As I am running a business not a charity I do have bills to pay eg. Electricity gas etc I feel £2 is not an excessive amount to pay for 2 hrs in the warmth and comfort of my establishment especially as adults don't pay so 1 baby and up to 4 adults pay £2! where else can you go for £2 these days . Baby and toddlers will resume on Monday the 28th £3 entry which includes a free tea or coffee .

Reviewed October 14, 2013

i had been told by 2 other parents that this playcentre didn't rate anywhere near as good as Laurencekirk, Montrose and Arbroath playcentres. I decided as a registered childminder, ex-foster carer and pre-school advisor to find out for myself. What a warm welcome greeted us on arrival. The area was clean, tidy and comfortable. The decor bright and stimulating. The children had a great time. Lunch was also a success. The menu was extensive and very reasonably priced. Children's meals from £2 to £4.50. The childrens meals were served on sectioned plates and included a Cadbury's fudge and a good quality fruit juice. Pleasant change from cardboard sandwiches, dubious make puffs and cheap juices available in some of the playcentres throughout Scotland. Adults meals also were reasonably priced my friend had beefburger,salad, coleslaw and chips for £4. Excellent value. Well done Frostys!!!
The only negative would be the cost of £5 per child.....dearer than the other centres and cost prohibitive for parents with a few children or myself with a possible 8 minded children.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

A nice kids' play centre with decent facilities for us adults. Reasonably small, but I haven't ever seen the place heaving, so it's a great balance. Clean, great toys, reasonable price - all you can ask for.